Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judge Tells California to Release 40,000 Inmates

How many of these will be illegal immigrants? It will save the state some money but also brings a threat to those who live here. I think we should remove the federal Judges from office.

Judge Tells California to Release 40,000 Inmates

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:10 AM

Article Font Size

SAN FRANCISCO -- U.S. judges on Tuesday told California to prepare to release more than 40,000 of its 150,000 inmates to reduce overcrowding in state prisons, which suffer from massive healthcare problems.

The cash-strapped state already plans to release ailing and short-term inmates for budget issues. That would clear up to 37,000 beds over two years, estimated California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Secretary Matthew Cate.

But he said an order from federal judges would set a "dangerous precedent" and argued at a news conference that California had cleaned up prisons and hired medical professionals to fill chronic gaps that had left prisoners without adequate physical or mental care.

The federal three-judge panel in February made a tentative ruling pointing toward release. On Tuesday the judges ordered the state in 45 days to prepare a plan to cut overcrowding to 137.5 percent of capacity.

That would amount to a cut of 40,591 inmates in its 33 prisons, it said. But officials intend to appeal a release order, which would follow Tuesday's order for a plan.

Welcome to ALIPAC "EYE4TRUTH". They need to start deportation immediately of all ILLEGAL ALIENS along with those that are in our prison system. That would be a WHOPPING savings even after the costs to get them out of this country.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Nothing New....

Our justice system would not be in business if they actually rehabilitated inmates. Instead we have a system that that keeps itself in business by just throwing inmates together that hate each other and develop chips on their shoulders for society then released on us to commit more crime, thus justifying the amount of govt. money used to employ extra police, court workers, judges, social workers, ect. Its a huge racket and the people, local police suffer.

America is bankrupt so lets let out the worst of the population to terrorize the public..

As if we don't already have enough to worry about, now this. If I lived in Cali I would abandon everything there and move somewhere else.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I still think we should offshore some of these prisoners to places like the old Soviet gulags or perhaps even North Korea, as that would probably cost us a whole lot less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)