Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just Say NO to “Big Brother’sâ€

(quote)

[b]Just Say NO to “Big Brother’sâ€
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting. I am calling Georgia Power first thing Monday morning to ask them about this. After reading this article, I do recall that last week the local news said that Georgia Power rates would be rising. Hmmmmm.....

If in Georgia, you may have or will have these meters soon. They started back in 2008.

Here's a link.
    http://www.georgiapower.com/residential/smartmeter.asp

I just sent them an email asking if my location has it, and if so what can I do to remove it.

Email from Georgia Power:

Dear Valued Customer,

Both of these addresses have Smart Meters. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, the Smart Meters are not optional. All Georgia Power meters are being switched to Smart Meters. If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-888-660-5890.

Sincerely,

ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE

working4change

Re: Just Say NO to “Big Brother’sâ€

[quote="GeorgiaPeach"](quote)

[b]Just Say NO to “Big Brother’sâ€

We dont have one yet. Our meter is behind a locked gate and SDGE had to peek over the gate to get the reading. They've left door hangers asking me to call for an appt. which I have ignored. I'm amazed that they have not been back since to try and put one in...although Im sure this will not be the last I've heard of them...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change wrote:
    I am not able to make this link work
    Try again working4change. I find them to be working today.

http://whyfry.org/republican-orlean-koe ... rt-meters/

GoodVibrations wrote
    Email from Georgia Power:

Dear Valued Customer,

Both of these addresses have Smart Meters. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, the Smart Meters are not optional. All Georgia Power meters are being switched to Smart Meters. If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-888-660-5890.
    GoodVibrations, Utilities are doing this without permission as the article states. You can contact neighbors, friends, family and warn them about this. You can go to sites to learn more about opting out, getting them removed, etc. It may take awhile but if people have the knowledge about these meters, hopefully freedom loving Americans can turn this big brother takeover back.

Psalm 91
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

SicNTiredInSoCal wrote:
    We dont have one yet. Our meter is behind a locked gate and SDGE had to peek over the gate to get the reading. They've left door hangers asking me to call for an appt. which I have ignored. I'm amazed that they have not been back since to try and put one in...although Im sure this will not be the last I've heard of them...

It is good that you have avoided them. I hope that you will continue to have that success and that others will stand against the smart meters. People do not know, even many in government have no idea what these smart meters do or what they are for.

Psalm 91

(quote)

Sunday, November 14, 2010

[b]FROM JEROME CORSI'S RED ALERT

WorldNetDaily Exclusive

Here come the energy police!

Millions of 'smart meters' installed to monitor electricity usage[/q]

Posted: November 14, 2010

8:32 pm Eastern

WorldNetDaily
    Editor's Note: The following report is excerpted from Jerome Corsi's Red Alert, the premium online newsletter published by the current No. 1 best-selling author, WND staff writer and senior managing director of the Financial Services Group at Gilford Securities.

Energy police are about to invade your home with "smart meters," new electronic/Internet based devices that determine precisely how much energy you are using, Jerome Corsi's Red Alert reports.

While the devices are being sold as energy-saving tools, the technology also gives the energy police the ability to shut you off or charge you additional if you refuse to install energy saving measures demanded by green ideologues and enforced by utility companies doing their bidding, Corsi reported.

The California Public Utilities Commission, or CPUC, has given permission to deploy an Advanced Meter Infrastructure project that will upgrade both metering and communications software to install 5.1 million electricity meters and 4.2 million natural gas meters in homes in the Pacific Gas & Electricity in California.

(Story continues below)

Orlean Koehle, an active tea-party member and a member of the Sonoma County Republican Central Committee, has begun fighting back.

"What is a smart meter?" Koehle asks. "It is one that contains RF (radio frequency) so that it can be remotely controlled and read. No longer will a meter reader have to come to your home to read the meter. It will all be done remotely."

What is the concern about the energy police?

"When all is in place, the smart meter will not only keep track of how much electricity you are using, but it will be able to control, regulate, and ration your use of that electricity," she wrote. "If 'big brother' decides that you are using too much heat in the winter time, or too much air conditioning in the summer time, or using too much hot water in your showers or washing machine (even if you are willing to pay for that extra usage), the use of power will be automatically turned down."

Koehle's not only concerned that green bureaucrats want to impose their global warming agenda on a free marketplace, but that in the future no one will be able to avoid the coming ideologically driven intrusion into homes.

Pretty soon, Koehle warns, all appliances will be replaced with those containing RF chips.

Corsi has also reported on Google's PowerMeter, software intended to measure the precise amount of energy a house consumes and provide an accounting that lists by household location and device that consumes the electricity.

As a result, the Google PowerMeter will provide utilities and any government regulators who care the access the data complete information on a household's energy footprint and carbon footprint.

"An easy next step would be for government regulators to demand more household energy efficiency or a reduction in carbon emissions, with the result that 'energy offenders' could be charged substantial fines, with the possibility that the truly recalcitrant could be deemed 'energy criminals' subject to severe consequences," Corsi wrote. "As always, government extermination of civil liberties first arrives with a helping hand."

For more information on the energy-monitoring devices, read Jerome Corsi's Red Alert, the premium, online intelligence news source by the WND staff writer, columnist and author of the New York Times No. 1 best-seller, "The Obama Nation."

Red Alert's author, who received a doctorate from Harvard in political science in 1972, is the author of the No. 1 New York Times best-sellers "The Obama Nation" and (with co-author John E. O'Neill) "Unfit for Command." He is also the author of several other books, including "America for Sale," "The Late Great U.S.A." and "Why Israel Can't Wait." In addition to serving as a senior staff reporter for WorldNetDaily, Corsi is a senior managing director in the financial-services group at Gilford Securities.

Disclosure: Gilford Securities, founded in 1979, is a full-service boutique investment firm headquartered in New York City providing an array of financial services to institutional and retail clients, from investment banking and equity research to retirement planning and wealth-management services. The views, opinions, positions or strategies expressed by the author are his alone and do not necessarily reflect Gilford Securities Incorporated's views, opinions, positions or strategies. Gilford Securities Incorporated makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability or validity of any information expressed herein and will not be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.

(quote)

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=228337

Psalm 91

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast