Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Just in time for thr Super Bowl, Bacon Salt

I am no fan of football, and could care little about the Super Bowl, but..I know some are fans and love having Super Bowl parties. So, I wanted to share a nice invention, from right here in the Northwest. it is a thing called "Bacon Salt".

Now I can buy it bulk at my local store called Winco, but I know it is sold in other chain stores packaged (Kroger, Albertsons, ect..). Buy it and use it on your favorite cut of meat. Trust me, you WILL like it. I browned hamburger with it for my own homemade version of cheeseburger macaroni, and it went over HUGE. Made fried eggs with it, same response.

I figured I'd share this since times are rough and people stressed. A simple thing as this could be a small luxury (it goes for about $8.00 a pound bulk, but enough to fill a shaker would be just a couple of dollars, or a pre-filled package maybe just a few), and way to wind down from all the bad news out there.

Plus, who doesn't like everything to taste bacon-y?
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

They have been talking about garlic salt here being a good snow melter and in Nebraska burning pop corn cobs for fuel. Used oil from restaurants smell like french fries........regular smorgisboard of scents out there!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I love bacon, when it is thin and crisp and served to me in a restaurant. But I would take a look at the ingredients listed and if there are more things than you can pronounce listed, yikes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

It is a local product, and they say, all natural. It smells like it and makes thing have that distinct "bacon-y" smell and taste.

They have their own website: http://www.baconsalt.com

See if it has anything bad in it. I'll look too. I just bought it bulk, and took it at face value. I rarely buy pre-mixed seasoning salts.

Could you imagine it on a really good grilled steak? My husband is waiting anxiously for me to do that.

BTW, it is sort of sweet, not as salty as other seasoned salts.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Oh WOW!! Anything they can make out of bacon, I am a HUGE fan of! I will have to order some for the super bowl when the Cardinals beat the snot out of the Steelers (at least I hope those will be the 2 teams in the bowl). How about some popcorn with bacon salt? My stomach is growling just thinking about it!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

AE

It is good on a lot we found out, but have not tried the popcorn one yet! I am anxious to grill with it..........oohhhhh

Just wonder if this is made with sea salt, which has a lower sodium content than regular iodized salt. For an oldster like me with hereditary high blood pressure I worry about the sodium content of everything. When I make beef stew, I avoid the buillion cube (63% sodium) and throw in Worcestershire sauce (2% sodium). Works for me!

AE

They have an online ingredients listing, it is Kosher, and approved, apparently, by those in the vegan or vegetarian sectors as well, but sodium content, not sure.