Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kennedy wants law changed in Massachusetts … again

Democrat Democracy at work.

Kennedy wants law changed in Massachusetts … again

During the time MItt Romney was governor of Massachusetts, Senator John Kerry ran for President and looked at times that he might win. The state legislature, egged on by Kerry’s Senate partner Ted Kennedy, changed the law regarding the selection of a replacement Senator to require a state election, keeping Romney from the possibility of appointing — quelle horreur! — a Republican in Kerry’s place. Now that Ted Kennedy is perhaps too ill to continue, Kennedy now wants the law changed back, since there’s a Democrat in the governor’s chair.

Seriously:

A cancer-stricken Sen. Edward M. Kennedy has written a letter to Massachusetts leaders asking that they change state law to allow a speedy replacement of him in Congress.

The note has been sent to Gov. Deval Patrick and the state’s Senate president and House speaker while Congress considers an overhaul of the nation’s health care system, one of Kennedy’s projects.

The letter acknowledges the state changed its succession law in 2004 to require a special election within five months to fill any vacancy. At the time, legislative Democrats — with a wide majority in both chambers — were concerned because then-Republican Gov. Mitt Romney had the power to directly fill any vacancy created as Democratic Sen. John Kerry ran for president.

But Kennedy writes “it is vital for this commonwealth to have two voices speaking for the needs of its citizens and two votes in the Senate during the approximately five months between a vacancy and an election.â€

I so admired John and Bobby but Teddy always sucked!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Teddy betrayed the American people and our country.

After all the lies, cheating, stealing, corruption, amnesty and outright evil Teddy has perpetrated on the American people throughout his political career, he better be prepared to go to a very hot place for eternity.

PS
    I think John was murdered by "high end" friends of the "Federal Reserve". And Bobby ticked off another group of " internal domestic terrorists" and Teddy became the epitome of the scum his brothers fought so valiantly against.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PS
    I think John was murdered by "high end" friends of the "Federal Reserve". And Bobby ticked off another group of " internal domestic terrorists" and Teddy became the epitome of the scum his brothers fought so valiantly against.
    Well said. I totally agree. I'll bet Bobby and John are rolling in their graves. Then again, I have a feeling if they were still alive today, they would be supporting open borders.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&