Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kids of illegal-immigrants rally for law to protect their

Kids of illegal-immigrants rally for law to protect their parents

Kids of illegal-immigrants rally for law to protect their parents
    By Carrie Melago
    Daily News Staff Writer

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 3:12 PM

American-born children whose illegal-immigrant parents face deportation urged lawmakers Saturday to support legislation that would protect their families.

Youngsters and advocates from Families for Freedom held signs reading "Don't Take Away My Mommy" outside of Sen. Chuck Schumer's Manhattan office, calling on the Democrat to support the "Child Citizen Protection Act."

"It's not easy, knowing your father can be deported at any time," said Elijah Salmon, 11, of Brooklyn, whose father is from Jamaica.

"My father has been here for me and my family from the day I was born," Salmon said.

The legislation would give immigration judges the discretion to allow an immigrant parent of an American-born child to stay in the United States, as long as they are not deportable for security reasons.

The bill has 30 sponsors in the House of Representatives.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/04 ... _law_.html
    Hogwash! Kids should be deported along with their parents unless the parents want to abandon them in the US.

The gov. had no problem taking kids away from their mothers in the polymagist sect in TX, they should have absolutely NO problem in deporting the illegal aliens!

Polygamy is illegal in the US, so is being an illegal alien. Why is it OK for the American kids to be punished for the sins of their parents, but the kids of illegal aliens are not? BS! Thank your parents kids, for putting you in that position, now it's time to go back!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    exactly... get rid of the anchor baby bill that draws them here .... NOW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Get going already! The sooner the better for you and all the Citizens of this country!