Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to You Your Government

Recent compilation of headline stories of the ineptness, obtuseness, and general lack of commonsense of governmental agencies

By Jim Byrd
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Warning: Never, under any circumstance, confuse what the federal government has morphed into as representative of the heart and soul of the United States of America as long as this country is a free republic. It is one thing to rebuke the federal government, and another to rebuke this country.

The majority of Americans view the United States federal government as incarnate, a being, a corporeal entity; generally the bearded caricature of Uncle Sam suffices for most as representative of the federal government. But good ol’ Uncle Sam is generally only employed to invoke patriotism among the masses for some gain at the federal level, or the very rare occasion that the federal government actually accomplishes something for the greater good of the country rather than for political expediency.

Warren Buffett, who supported Obama for president, has disagreed with his policies, agreed with his policies, has penned an article for the New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opini ... ef=opinion thanking Uncle Sam (Obama), for saving the world, or rather the projects that Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway was able to profit from either by conventional investing or shorting, and with penned lines such as, “Only one counterforce was available, and that was you, Uncle Sam. When the crisis struck, I felt you would understand the role you had to play.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to You Your Government

[quote="AirborneSapper7"]Recent compilation of headline stories of the ineptness, obtuseness, and general lack of commonsense of governmental agencies

By Jim Byrd
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Warning: Never, under any circumstance, confuse what the federal government has morphed into as representative of the heart and soul of the United States of America as long as this country is a free republic. It is one thing to rebuke the federal government, and another to rebuke this country.

The majority of Americans view the United States federal government as incarnate, a being, a corporeal entity; generally the bearded caricature of Uncle Sam suffices for most as representative of the federal government. But good ol’ Uncle Sam is generally only employed to invoke patriotism among the masses for some gain at the federal level, or the very rare occasion that the federal government actually accomplishes something for the greater good of the country rather than for political expediency.

Warren Buffett, who supported Obama for president, has disagreed with his policies, agreed with his policies, has penned an article for the New York Times http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opini ... ef=opinion thanking Uncle Sam (Obama), for saving the world, or rather the projects that Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway was able to profit from either by conventional investing or shorting, and with penned lines such as, “Only one counterforce was available, and that was you, Uncle Sam. When the crisis struck, I felt you would understand the role you had to play.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)