Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Leaked Fox News Memo Reveals News Division Told To Echo GOP

Oh what a surprise....naaaaa... I don't think too many here will be surprised, we know Fox News is like the rest of the controlled media....

Leaked Fox News Memo Reveals News Division Told To Echo GOP Talking Point

Glynnis MacNicol | Dec. 9, 2010, 9:48 AM | 2,787 | comment 27

This is going to add some fairly serious grist to the mill for the people that think Fox News is essentially the political arm of the GOP.

During the height of the health care debate a Fox News vice president Bill Sammon sent a memo to staff asking them to refer to the 'public option' as the 'government option.' Media Matters, in a welcome departure from the usual nitpicking, obtained the email which directed the new division to:

Please use the term ‘government-run health insurance,’ or, when brevity is a concern, ‘government option,’ whenever possible.â€

1 network against all the rest of them.

Not sure that this so called memo echos the GOP. IMO, as long as a news organization is ANTI big government and PRO American, they will have my ear. Fox is the ONLY network out there who has some semblance of balance. There is a good reason why it is also overwhelmingly the most watched and listened to.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Not sure that this so called memo echos the GOP. IMO, as long as a news organization is ANTI big government and PRO American, they will have my ear. Fox is the ONLY network out there who has some semblance of balance. There is a good reason why it is also overwhelmingly the most watched and listened to.
    I watch Fox Business news mostly and a little Fox News when I am forced to balanced sometimes.... ...but this changes periodically.... and all of them are owned by a handful of media mogels who tell them what to say.

Kathyet