Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: At least 100 dead in suspected chemical attack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio: It's no coincidence that Syria gas attack happened after 'concerning' Tillerson comments

By Chris Massie, CNN
    Updated 4:09 PM ET, Wed April 5, 2017

Story highlights

• "I don't think it's a coincidence that a few days later we see this," Rubio said.
    • Last week in Turkey, Tillerson said, "I think the status and the longer-term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people."

(CNN)Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said Wednesday that he doesn't think it's a coincidence that a suspected chemical weapons attack in Syria occurred shortly after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson suggested Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad could remain in power.

"In this case now, we have very limited options and look, it's concerning that the secretary of state, 72 hours ago or a week ago, last Friday, said that the future's up to the people in Syria on what happens with Assad. In essence almost nodding to the idea that Assad was gonna get to stay in some capacity," Rubio said on the show "AM Tampa Bay."

"I don't think it's a coincidence that a few days later we see this," Rubio concluded.

Dozens died in an attack on Tuesday that activists said was committed by Assad's regime. The U.S. has also placed blame on Assad for the attack. Last week in Turkey, Tillerson said, "I think the status and the longer-term status of President Assad will be decided by the Syrian people."

Trump: 'I now have responsibility' when it comes to Syria

Other lawmakers, such as fellow Republican Sen. John McCain, have also rebuked Tillerson and the Trump administration. McCain said on CNN's "New Day" that he was sure that the Assad regime was "encouraged to know that the United States is withdrawing" from the conflict.

Suspected gas attack reportedly kills dozens03:05

In the radio interview, Rubio said he believes Assad will get away with the attack.

"Assad believes and sadly he may be right that he can gas his people with sarin, kill children, kill innocent civilians, people will complain, there'll be a meeting at the UN Security Council and then life will go on and he'll stay in power," he said. "He's made that calculation. The Russians support him on it. China is indifferent.

And I hate to say this, I think he's gonna get away with it again."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/politi...ail_bottomlist

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Marco, you basically just proved why it wasn't Assad who did this. Tillerson makes a statement, then what happens? Something to villanize Assad. Assad is fine with the people. The majority of Syrians support the Assad government. If Assad thinks the US is going to support Assad remaining in power which is our position, then that is a victory for Assad, so he has no reason to jeopardize that with a chemical attack. But one more try with the Assad chemical attack videos and scripts might just sway a different attitude in the White House, and guess what? It did, not to Assad's favor but to the opposition of Assad. Rebel and ISIS mission accomplished.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He's wrong on this one. Or has a game plan he doesn't otherwise want to discuss.
    So Trump, who has the full intelligence gathering abilities of our government at his fingertips, is wrong and you are right?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    So Trump, who has the full intelligence gathering abilities of our government at his fingertips, is wrong and you are right?
    You should know by now that when she makes up FACTS they are always right and everyone else is always wrong.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes. I have absolutely zero confidence in our intelligence community. It is rogue, it is corrupt, it is globalist, it has become Anti-American. It spies on US citizens, it feeds false information to Presidents to start useless wars, it plays politics, it funds rebels fronting for terrorists, it is responsible for war, not peace. So yes, I know when buildings are detonated and implode, and when aluminum rods are not evidence of WMD's, and I know when someone is fabricating stories of chemical attacks to gain sympathy over dead children to topple a secular government they don't like.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have to agree with Judy on that one.

What the President believes, I don't know.

But all one has to do is look back at the last 3 administrations to see the lies - pure lies - with no apology when found out - the 'intelligence'/media have foisted on this country. That should give you pause for believing anything you hear.

I do believe, in fact, I know, we do not need to be involved in Syria, or any other foreign country in any way.

Our government either cannot or will not protect it's people and it's freedom from invaders, terrorists, criminals, corporate crooks, etc.

Why in the world would we even begin to think our government should be involved in telling others how to live and operate their countries?

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    I have to agree with Judy on that one.

What the President believes, I don't know.

But all one has to do is look back at the last 3 administrations to see the lies - pure lies - with no apology when found out - the 'intelligence'/media have foisted on this country. That should give you pause for believing anything you hear.

I do believe, in fact, I know, we do not need to be involved in Syria, or any other foreign country in any way.

Our government either cannot or will not protect it's people and it's freedom from invaders, terrorists, criminals, corporate crooks, etc.

Why in the world would we even begin to think our government should be involved in telling others how to live and operate their countries?
    Exactly what are you agreeing with Judy on? If it's that we shouldn't be involved in Syria, okay, but I hope you too are not in denial over who and what Assad is and what he has done.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Problems arise re Putin's alliance with assad and obama's past use/creation of isis in sryia/iraq to the region/world detriment. They just want to disperse muslims around the world. Depose these rulers and what do you get - economic migrants, sanctioned by the muslim backed refugee resettlement UN division, fleeing anywhere but muslim nations, albeit the area is filled with oil, the toxic fuel of the soon to be past.

Russia with all it clandestine techniques has not been able to control islam - has warned us e.g. the boston bombers terrorist activities that went ignored. bill rapist clinton allowed for islam to be part of Europe with the bosnia conflict reaction- ahah, a muslim friend. He was put in office too for many agendas.
    Last edited by artist; 04-06-2017 at 06:19 PM.

Moved to Other Topics.

The United States has launched airstrikes in Syria. Tomahawk Cruise Missiles at numerous Syrian Airbases. Oh good Lord. No notice was given to the Russians who have Russians stationed at some of these locations manning the defense system.

60 cruise missiles targeting so-called chemical weapons sites and airbases have been launched.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-06-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast