Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is this legal??? If it is...we're in trouble!

This is totally off topic; but here goes. Yesterday I received a "Notice of Deliquent Parking Violation". Since I have not received a parking ticket in several years, I just figured someone made a mistake.

Wrong... I looked at the date and time and was able to figure out what happened. Three weeks ago, on my daughter's birthday, I drove to her office to take her out to lunch. She always meets me on the side street in front of her bldg....and we drive off. Since there were no parking spaces on the street, I pulled over to a red zone in front of her bldg. so that she could jump in the car. I never parked or turned off the engine. We saw the parking enforcement guy on the other side of the street as we drove off...and he waved to us. He knows us because I meet her there frequently.

I just called the City Parking Dept. and asked them if this is legal. The person I spoke to said I violated the law by stopping the car even for 20 seconds for my daughter to safely enter the car. But, I asked, doesn't the parking enforcement guy have to ticket my car? She didn't answer that question...but just kept telling me that I broke the law!

I will contest this ticket, but we are all in trouble if this sort of thing can happen. I saw the parking enforcement guy...and he didn't have his pad out or any such thing. He just waved at us. The fine is $70. In my mind, this is just another way for the corrupt City of Los Angeles to pay for the millions of illegals here! (Mod Edit)

The ironic thing is that there were dozens of day laborers standing on the next corner....but NO ONE does a thing about them!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Banned
    Boy Film them people (day labors and send it in)

But for the tickets
    I can’t give legal advisement
    Some cops are just like that and would give you a ticket for this…

I seen police do this Down town all the time It legal here in Ohio …
    They can take your picture now for speeding or running a stop sign and send it too you in the mail and you have to pay so yes the parking violations are being done in the same way…
    There are many town and city places setting camera up just to save money and time on parking violations…
    I know you folks won’t like this and no one that ever gets a ticket does
    But it’s saving the cities a ton of time and money…

Throw some mud up on them plates
    No wait that will get you two tickets

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Boy Film them people (day labors and send it in)

But for the tickets
    I can’t give legal advisement
    Some cops are just like that and would give you a ticket for this…

I seen police do this Down town all the time It legal here in Ohio …
    They can take your picture now for speeding or running a stop sign and send it too you in the mail and you have to pay so yes the parking violations are being done in the same way…
    There are many town and city places setting camera up just to save money and time on parking violations…
    I know you folks won’t like this and no one that ever gets a ticket does
    But it’s saving the cities a ton of time and money…

Throw some mud up on them plates
    No wait that will get you two tickets
    Greg...the WLA Police Dept. is ONE block away from all of the day laborers! This is L.A ....where it's 'legal' to be illegal! W.L.A. has day laborers on every corner and the police just smile and ignore them. It's surreal!

I just resent paying for all of them and being treated like a second class citizen. The parking enforcement guy just happened to be hispanic...not that means anything cuz almost all city employees are hispanic. But how can he ticket me without putting the citation on my windshield? Especially since I wasn't there for more than 2 or 3 seconds. He wasn't even near my car. I will get to the bottom of this but I'm sure the city will get away with this kind of stuff.
    !

In NC the law states that if your vehicle is stopped, for any reason, it is considered parking. Even if it is still running. And in my particular county/town, they are sticklers. They will ticket you for being in the fire lane at the grocery store if you are just loading your groceries! $250.00!!!

Totallybeachin...I always thought they had to write the ticket and put it on your windshield. This guy was half way up the street on his little parking mobile and never had his pad out to write the ticket. There are no cameras, so he must have taken my license down after I passed him. I didn't know this was legal. He waved at us and we waved back! I saw him but never thought I did anything wrong....so I was shocked when I got the delinquent notice. I guess I committed a three second violation, LOL!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by totallybeachin
    In NC the law states that if your vehicle is stopped, for any reason, it is considered parking. Even if it is still running. And in my particular county/town, they are sticklers. They will ticket you for being in the fire lane at the grocery store if you are just loading your groceries! $250.00!!!
    Its all about the dollar

but i thnk most people agree with out some parking laws there will be more problems then we can handel

Parking tickets bite we all hate them !!!
    they tow your car and its 250 bucks a day and a tow fee and impound cost for a fire plug down town some places here

Lesson learned!!! They'll get my $70, but this is the last time! I just want everyone to know that they are doing this...without the actual ticket, how would anyone know that they have a delinquent ticket? This notice could have been lost in the mail or whatever, and then the fine doubles and triples!

They are doing it in Chicago big time. Many times people don't know they have a ticket. Supposidly there's a web site to go to and check. It's becomming a real hassle for the cab drivers. There's alot of no parking areas and they can't slow down or stop to pick-up or drop-off anyone. Right before Christmas one cabbie got a written notice saying he owed something like 4000 and it was due in full in 10 days or he was looking at jail time. Never even knew he had a ticket. They've been nabbing people for stopping over the line for the cross walks......big fines and basicly there's no fighting it. Costs more to fight it than it does to pay the fine. Even if you win....you're still out the court fees. Lord help you if you're a tourist because you may never know you had a ticket till you're stopped some day and hauled away. If I'm not mistaken the ticket goes to the owner of the vehicle and on your driving record whether you were driving or not. Scarey prospect for parents with teens.... They've had alot of people complaining about it but it's bringing in the revenue while alot more serious crimes are totally ignored.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)