Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legalizing marijuana not really a dopey idea

Legalizing marijuana not really a dopey idea

By Michael Stetz, UNION-TRIBUNE COLUMNIST
    Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 12:33 a.m.

Call Michael at
    619-293-1720
    E-mail Michael michael.stetz@uniontrib.com (column ideas appreciated)

Who knows, in the near future, on a Friday night after a tough week of work, those so inclined could legally fire up a joint.
    And who knows, by California allowing that, some of this might happen:

A) The tax base gets a much-needed bump.

B) Cops can chase real bad guys, not recreational pot smokers.

C) The medical marijuana farce goes up in smoke because the drug can be had legally. (A lot of bad backs? Mysteriously cured!)

D) And another possible consequence: Prisons would have more room to house society’s worst criminals, particularly violent sex offenders.

The proposed Chelsea’s Law includes a one-strike penalty against those who commit forcible sex crimes against children. It’s named for Poway teenager Chelsea King, killed by convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III.

There’s one problem, though. Prisons are jammed.

So is it time to take the bold step and legalize marijuana, which might help ease the problem? Momentum for it is growing.

A referendum will be on the November ballot, permitting personal use of the drug for those 21 and over. Cities or counties could allow for its sale and tax it. (Or not, it’ll be up to them.) It’ll also be OK for people to grow small amounts of it.

“It would free up prison spaces for really, really bad guys,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have mixed feelings on this one, as a biker, I already deal with drunk drivers, cell phone users, and, well, morons

how will a cop test to see if you are stoned while driving ?

MW
    A Field Poll last year showed that 56 percent of Californians support legalizing the drug, so it’s not a, um, pipe dream.
    Trust me, the rest of the country does not think like California does.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hell, why stop at legalizing pot? Here is my list of things that many others may want to be legalized:

- Methamphetamine
    - Heroin
    - Cocaine
    - Crack
    - Qualudes
    - Angel Dust
    - Saw Dust
    - Murder
    - Kidnapping
    - Child Molestation
    - Nude rock climbing
    - Nude football
    - Embezzlement
    - Streaking
    - Stroking
    - Gay marriage
    - Animal marriage. Includes dogs, cats, horses, snakes, lizards and other minority animal and reptile groups.

etc, etc ...

Ya gotta draw the line somewhere and quit giving in to the loudmouths, nutbags, scumbags, criminals and social deviates. Now, ask me what I REALLY think.

Wow, that was refreshing to stand up to the rule of law and common sense
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

what do you have against nude rock climbing ?

that could be the funniest spectator sport ever.....just think of the possibilities

Hey TexasBorn,.......what do ya really think?

MW
    Come on now, TexasBorn. There is nothing wrong with stroking. My dog Max is a good pet and he is well deserving of the stroking my family members and I give him daily.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

what do you have against nude rock climbing ?
    The old olimpics were all nude...

Hell, why stop at legalizing pot? Here is my list of things that many others may want to be legalized:
    That was really silly... But in reality if you want to molest children you can become Muslim they support it. You can find support and legalization of anything you want if you just look around the world for it.

Prohibition has never worked and has always created an even bigger problem with development of illegal industry support.

Decriminalization...not legalization.

But this string will get into trouble. I have tried this kind of string before...