Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast

Lejeune Marines prepare to deploy off Libyan coast
    Updated at 09:59 AM todayRelated

CAMP LEJEUNE (WTVD) -- Twenty-two hundred Marines and sailors from Camp Lejeune are preparing to deploy off the coast of Libya in northern Africa. They said goodbye to their families Monday afternoon, and they'll be leaving in the days ahead.

"There's always in the back of your mind what if, what could happen," Marine wife Carrie Cochran said.

Cochran, like the other wives, is confident her Marine is prepared for the mission.

"As long as he knows how to do his job and he keeps his concentration going, he can take care of his Marines then he can bring everybody home," Cochran said.

The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit was set to deploy to the Mediterranean later this year but that got bumped up once NATO forces launched an air assault on Libya.

Related Content
    Story: Obama strongly defends US military action in Libya

Story: Ron Paul criticizes Obama during Raleigh speech
    The unit is relieving the 26th MEU, which took part in some of the initial assaults. The 22nd is a Marine, air and ground task force. Some are trained for aviation combat, others for ground combat. They can handle evacuations and humanitarian missions too.

Whatever the president decides, Cochran's husband, Sergeant Lewis Cochran, says he told his little boy, Dylan, he's ready.

"My Marines, all the Marines the whole PLT is ready to go," Sgt. Cochran said.

"And I'm not gonna like it," 3-year-old Dylan said. "I'm not gonna like it when daddy gets on a big boat."

Sgt. Cochran may not be here for Dylan's 4th birthday next week but like other Camp Lejeune Marines, he'll never be far from his heart.

The Marines and sailors are being bused to the Morehead City Port Monday evening. They'll board the USS Bataan and set sail for Libya in a few days.

They're expected to be gone for 10 months.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=8039326
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok........NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND! Isn't that what they told us?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I had just called Senator Burr's office and asked they do something about this mess and other problems that face this nation. We need to get out of other countries business..............................
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Ok........NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND! Isn't that what they told us?
    We've been lied to .... again.