Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Lindsey Graham on NY-23 fallout: Leave the RINOs alone!

Lindsey Graham on NY-23 fallout: Leave the RINOs alone!

posted at 9:00 pm on November 4, 2009

How RINO is too RINO for Graham? It’s unclear. Even he’s sour on Scozzafava, but apparently only because she was too far left for the “mainstreamâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dede Scozzafava wasn't "left" of her district! She was the district. Moderate mainstream Republican, elected to office by the largest region of the district to the state assembly 6 times in the past 12 years and was elected major of one of its towns 4 years before that!

If Hoffman hadn't pulled that stunt, the Republicans would have had an overwhelming victory in that Congressional election and would still have a seat they've held since 1870, over 139 years.

Republicans lost that election because of Doug Hoffman's own greed for power, who broke his promise to the 11 County Chairmen who were by their own rules and state law were selecting a candidate to run in the special election until next years normal Congressional election. He was 1 of 8 candidates just like Dede, who all agreed as part of their ability to throw their hat in the ring had to promise not to run on another ticket if they were to be considered, who then out of the gate lied about her positions, lied about her voting record, lied about her electability and INCREDIBLY, media pundits like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and big name Republicans like Sarah Palin, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, Fred Thompson and Dick Armey condemn her as a Democrat when her positions were the complete opposite.

A disgrace and if the Republican Party needs to straighten them out or distance from them all. The truth about what happened in this election in the NY-23 will come out next year, during that campaign, and it won't be pretty for the Republicans who supported Bill Hoffman and perpetuated his lies against a Republican New York Assembly Woman.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/arti ... 77/BLOGS09

"Rush, you should be ashamed.
    JUDE SEYMOUR
    MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2009
    ARTICLE OPTIONS
    A A A
    print this article
    e-mail this article

Media Matters grabbed this clip from Rush Limbaugh's show today where he speaks in a crude way about state Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava's exit from the 23rd Congressional District's race.

If Mr. Limbaugh doesn't like a certain candidate, he can give an impassioned argument why. But he should be embarassed that he's resorted to denigrating a politician, a woman, a human being that he neither knows nor cares to know - whose biggest sin, apparently, was trying to seek higher office.

I'm not going to even transcript this, but be warned: It's rude. It's crude. It's totally uncalled for. And he frankly Mr. Limbaugh should apologize. And Doug Hoffman should distance himself from this sort of ad hominem attack immediately.

Rob Ryan, Mr. Hoffman's spokesman, said his candidate hasn't heard Mr. Limbaugh's comments.

"We can't control what other people say," he said.

True, but I'm more curious to hear if Mr. Hoffman wants to stand with Mr. Limbaugh and his comments - or denounce the radio commentator's words.

UPDATE: Bill Owens, the Democrats' candidate, has denounced Mr. Limbaugh's words in a statement.

“This despicable attack on Assemblywoman Scozzafava offends me personally and exemplifies exactly what's wrong with Hoffman and his right wing backers," he said. "Assemblywoman Scozzafava is an honorable public servant who has served Upstate New York as an independent and principled leader who always prioritized the best interests of Upstate New York ahead of a partisan agenda. Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the right wing special interests that are running Hoffman's campaign can't even begin to compete with what she has accomplished over her career.â€

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

f Hoffman hadn't pulled that stunt, the Republicans would have had an overwhelming victory in that Congressional election and would still have a seat they've held since 1870, over 139 years.
    And the district would still have a far left liberal voting for Health Care, Cap and Trade, Card Check, Open Borders, and everything else on the Obama agenda. I don't want Lindsey Graham or anyone like him representing me. Don't forget, he and McCain and other Republicans tried to sell us out on immigration. Big Whup if he adds to the Republican numbers. Same could be said for Snowe and Collins. I am not demanding a litmus test or ideological purity. But I would like, out of a list of say 10 major issues, that they show up conservative on at least 75%. Scozzafava didn't even make 20%. If the Republican party insists on the Big Tent approach, Democrats will win by landslides next year, Obama will be re-elected in 2012, and Democrats will rule for 40 years. I agree with Lou Dobbs that the two party system has failed, and that faith in either one is misplaced. We need candidates who will represent the people, and not the party. If Scozzafava truly reflects the leanings of the people of the 23rd District, they will be perfectly content with Owens.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    f Hoffman hadn't pulled that stunt, the Republicans would have had an overwhelming victory in that Congressional election and would still have a seat they've held since 1870, over 139 years.
    And the district would still have a far left liberal voting for Health Care, Cap and Trade, Card Check, Open Borders, and everything else on the Obama agenda. I don't want Lindsey Graham or anyone like him representing me. Don't forget, he and McCain and other Republicans tried to sell us out on immigration. Big Whup if he adds to the Republican numbers. Same could be said for Snowe and Collins. I am not demanding a litmus test or ideological purity. But I would like, out of a list of say 10 major issues, that they show up conservative on at least 75%. Scozzafava didn't even make 20%. If the Republican party insists on the Big Tent approach, Democrats will win by landslides next year, Obama will be re-elected in 2012, and Democrats will rule for 40 years. I agree with Lou Dobbs that the two party system has failed, and that faith in either one is misplaced. We need candidates who will represent the people, and not the party. If Scozzafava truly reflects the leanings of the people of the 23rd District, they will be perfectly content with Owens.
    Dede Scozzafava opposed Pelosi health care reform, Doug Hoffman lied about her position on health care. She supports tort reform. Dede Scozzafava opposed cap and trade and stated on her website she believes it will destroy our economy. Doug Hoffman and his ilk LIED about that. She does support card check because that's important to the people of her area, but so what? Dede doesn't support open borders, she'll vote the party line on immigration. You think a blue collar Republican district like the NY-23 wants illegal aliens stealing their jobs and deflating their wages and raising their taxes? Think again. Her positions on health care and cap and trade were posted on her website, which I posted many times over.

The polls were taken amidst a national media campaign of lies against Dede Scozzafava that you're still telling here. Why? If your candidate can't win on the truth about their opponent, then they shouldn't be in the race, they shouldn't be a Republican candidate for office, and they certainly shouldn't be in the US Congress.

When you lose a selection process that's conducted according to state law and applies to all parties, as Dede Scozzafava was, you don't get on national television and wail about "party bosses" or whine because there wasn't a primary. If Republicans was a primary process to select candidates for a special election, then they need to change state law in New York, not get on national television spewing lies about decent people to try to subvert our political system.

Dede Scozzafava is also a quitter, she needs to retire form politics!! I mean get a damn spine!!!! Now is the time more then ever to take a stand for what you believe in no matter what you believe! Not just throw in the towel, what a coward!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Dede Scozzafava is also a quitter, she needs to retire form politics!! I mean get a damn spine!!!! Now is the time more then ever to take a stand for what you believe in no matter what you believe! Not just throw in the towel, what a coward!!
    You mean a "quitter" like Sarah Palin?

Dede Scozzafava didn't quit her job she was elected to serve, she withdrew from a race she couldn't afford to continue. After all, she is a fiscal conservative and if you can't afford something, you don't do it. She's still the Republican Assemblywoman for the state of New York and hopefully will be for many years to come.

Sarah Palin on the other-hand actually quite her job she was elected to serve as Governor of Alaska. I can only suppose because she's a "coward", with no "spine", who "threw in the towel" to pursue a mult-million dollar book deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Dede Scozzafava didn't quit her job she was elected to serve, she withdrew from a race she couldn't afford to continue. After all, she is a fiscal conservative and if you can't afford something, you don't do it. She's still the Republican Assemblywoman for the state of New York and hopefully will be for many years to come.

Sarah Palin on the other-hand actually quite her job she was elected to serve as Governor of Alaska. I can only suppose because she's a "coward", with no "spine", who "threw in the towel" to pursue a mult-million dollar book deal.

Yeah a quitter is a quitter, so what?

Sarah Palin on the other-hand actually quit her job she was elected to serve as Governor of Alaska. I can only suppose because she's a "coward", with no "spine", who "threw in the towel" to pursue a multi-million dollar book deal.

A lot of people quit things, because it's the right thing to do, so a quitter is not always a negative action to be criticized. People in our country have the right to quit when they lose interest, don't have the money to continue, or have a more profitable venture or more pleasurable, more meaningful option to pursue, don't enjoy the process they're involved with any more., etc., etc., etc. People quit parties, jobs, companies, campaigns, marriages, sports teams, causes, churches, schools, colleges, wars, all types of things, usually for reasons that are valid to them.

Sarah Palin on the other-hand actually quit her job she was elected to serve as Governor of Alaska. I can only suppose because she's a "coward", with no "spine", who "threw in the towel" to pursue a multi-million dollar book deal.

A lot of people quit things, because it's the right thing to do, so a quitter is not always a negative action to be criticized. People in our country have the right to quit when they lose interest, don't have the money to continue, or have a more profitable venture or more pleasurable, more meaningful option to pursue, don't enjoy the process they're involved with any more., etc., etc., etc. People quit parties, jobs, companies, campaigns, marriages, sports teams, causes, churches, schools, colleges, wars, all types of things, usually for reasons that are valid to them.
    Exactly, people quit for reasons that are valid to them but it still doesn't justify the action of not defending your beliefs or character. At the end of the day all you really have is your dignity, if anyone can look themselves in the mirror after quitting on themselves and be OK with it well then so be it, but I could never do it the way these scumbag politicians do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast