Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

The Lisbon Treaty will be pushed through by stealth

The Lisbon Treaty will be pushed through by stealth

The strength of a vociferous ‘No’ campaign means Ireland’s Taoiseach and the rest of the EU cannot risk another referendum

FIRST POSTED NOVEMBER 6, 2008

Ever since Ireland voted against the European Constitution Lisbon Treaty, the EU has been clamouring for a second referendum. The trouble is that the risks and gains for the Irish Taoiseach, Brian Cowen, are asymmetrical. If he held the vote and won, he'd be slightly better off. But if he lost, he'd have to resign, and would go down in history as the Taoiseach who wouldn't take "No" for an answer.

In other words, it wouldn't be enough for Cowen to think that he would win; he'd have to know. And, given the way the "No" campaign has come from behind in every recent Euro-referendum, it's hard to see how he could ever be certain.

How, then, will the Eurocrats get their treaty? By a combination of parliamentary ratification, executive fiat and judicial activism. Chunks of the Lisbon Treaty will be unanimously decreed by the 27 governments to be in force, without any formal treaty changes.

The Eurocrats will get their treaty by executive fiat and judicial activism

Indeed, to a large extent, this has already happened. The EU foreign policy is up and running, the Charter of Fundamental Rights has been declared to be justiciable, the flag and anthem are being treated as official emblems and most of the institutions that would have been created by the constitution - the European Human Rights Agency, the External Borders Agency, the Armaments Agency and so on - have been established anyway.

The new rules on the number of MEPs and Commissioners will be tacked on to the Croatian accession treaty and pushed through without a referendum. Ireland holds plebiscites on EU treaties, not because of an integral part of the 1937 constitution, but as a result of a 1987 court judgment, which the best legal minds in Dublin are now working to circumvent.

In short, the Lisbon Treaty won't be ratified, just implemented. You read it here first.

FIRST POSTED NOVEMBER 6, 2008

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/45821%2Co ... by-stealth
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, mass forwarded to my Irish relatives.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some people won't like what I'm about to say because some times the truth hurts. But if you think that the EU gives a flying rats about the "NO" people, then I've got a bridge in New york city to sell you. In away they will do it some other way that is less democratic and unfair then the lisbon treaty its self that would of gave more power to "reps" that people could of voted for at least, I read. Also would of put a few other things in place. Now they will just do it under the current form. It don't change a darn thing and they will laugh all the way to the bank. I bet a bridge in New york that the British with NO guns and with plans to ban knifes could do very little to stop this if their government and the EU wanted to push it anyways. This is why our founding fathers made Guns so important in the first place. In fact much of the mainland believe it or not, supports it, yes these people are used to kings, but hey they are not Americans in do not understand freedom as we do. The best thing these people could do as far as I see is vote to elect people that will work towards a fair system that will allow for more freedoms. In yes I expect the Eu to become a federal government within the next 20-25 years. Will it be a dictatership or a Republic that does what the people wants will be up to the people and up to just how given the dictatership that runs the EU feels about freedom.

I'm sorry if I'm attacked for this but some times you got to spell it out the way you see it. The European people are not going to stand up and kill the EU through force. At least I doubt it, but hey even if they did the most AntiEU country of them all bans guns to the people. What to use what to use???
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

What I'm talking about is that the people need to use the "system" in order to make the system to become a democratic system that works.

Use the EU and become part of it in order to form it into some thing you want. That is what the left has been doing for 35 years in the United states. It could work?
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewcloseborders
    Some people won't like what I'm about to say because some times the truth hurts. But if you think that the EU gives a flying rats about the "NO" people, then I've got a bridge in New york city to sell you. In away they will do it some other way that is less democratic and unfair then the lisbon treaty its self that would of gave more power to "reps" that people could of voted for at least, I read. Also would of put a few other things in place. Now they will just do it under the current form. It don't change a darn thing and they will laugh all the way to the bank. I bet a bridge in New york that the British with NO guns and with plans to ban knifes could do very little to stop this if their government and the EU wanted to push it anyways. This is why our founding fathers made Guns so important in the first place. In fact much of the mainland believe it or not, supports it, yes these people are used to kings, but hey they are not Americans in do not understand freedom as we do. The best thing these people could do as far as I see is vote to elect people that will work towards a fair system that will allow for more freedoms. In yes I expect the Eu to become a federal government within the next 20-25 years. Will it be a dictatership or a Republic that does what the people wants will be up to the people and up to just how given the dictatership that runs the EU feels about freedom.

I'm sorry if I'm attacked for this but some times you got to spell it out the way you see it. The European people are not going to stand up and kill the EU through force. At least I doubt it, but hey even if they did the most AntiEU country of them all bans guns to the people. What to use what to use???
    The Brits ratified the treaty, matter of fact, the only country that refused to was the only country in which there was a democratic vote on it. That country is The Republic of Ireland, not England. Ireland has no king, but a president. They are a proud and stubborn people, who have learned through the centuries how to fight for their freedom. In many ways they are more American than we are because one wrong move and they fire the entire government. No lie, it has happened more than once before in their short history. The Irish are inches from pulling out of the EU fully, and they are not alone. The current economic crisis has more than one nation hearing the demands of a pullout from their citizens. The EU elitists are running scared right now. The Irish media are still getting thousands of letters a week from citizens from fellow EU nations begging the Irish people to stand strong and be their voice also. The treaty literally steals sovereignty. There are still Irish today who lost a father or brother or uncle or cousin or other relative in the battle for their freedom from England. The blood of the martyrs is not cold yet. If they attempt to force this on the Irish, it will not be a bloodless coup. With many of the citizens of other nations, who were dead set against the treaty, but betrayed by their governments, it will not be pretty.

I spend about one month a year taking my son to see his family over there. I know the people, and I have witnessed first hand their resolve. I have read more than one article with the English laughing at the EU powers that be because they do not understand when you push the Irish around, they fight back. Remember, it was Ireland that brought Britain to her knees.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)