Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs guest, the African-American who's white.

I was wondering when this would finally come to pass. There is a man, who is white and born and raised in Africa. He became a citizen here and was going to medical school, he was asked to describe himself to the class and said a , a white, African-American. He was eventually kicked out of school because of it. It struck me because I had a wonderful teacher from South Africa....and he was white. Another man going to school was from Africa as well, and he was white.....but it was so impossible for so many to accept that there were white people in Africa. My South African teacher was a bit bummed at America as well.....he wanted to get a fat woman, and a covered wagon and go across the country before he went back home. LOL He'd only seen wild west movies and thought that was what it was like here. John Kerry's wife describes herself as African.....and is, since that is where she was born and raised....yet she's white. African is just the country, not the name of a race.

Any way, this guy had to take diversity classes and such as well.....to discover why it was offensive for a white person to discribe themselves as African, when they were white. It's really gone off the deep end with this. You can be English and black, American and oriental, Canadian and whatever, but you are raised in a culture and country and identify with that. Not just what color you are. I have a blonde-haired blue -eyed friend from South America. She enjoys and feels more comfortable with the latino culture, but she'd never pass for the brown-pride business here. I swear, if it keeps going on like this, they'd be better off to send people to their respective, race based continents and forget this meshing bull.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right, cb! This whole thing has gotten a bit out of control and I am amazed that a gifted student is subjected to this sort of stupidity. None of the questions of race or nationality should be asked. The only thing that should be asked is "are you a citizen, here legally and can prove it?" (Oh, PS, don't lie because ICE will be around in the morning to check.)
    Be ethnic at home, but assimilate into this society in public.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This man was in his 40's I think. His dream was to become a part of the Dr's without borders group....but to think, when you are asked a question and it's answered in a way the offends someone, your out. Fortunatly he has a lawyer and they are fighting this.....but this is sheer stupidity. At this time in history the majority of countries are not totally race specific. Besides the country is your ethnic group basicly, not your race. Unless of course you just want to change rules and declare yourself one. LOL They had better start getting a grip on this and real soon, because apparently just about anyone can say and do anything to a white person, no matter where they are from, but nothing can be said for the others.

I remember reading on a site in England, and they said that's how it is there. All the foreigners get the aid, the jobs and if you're a citizen and white, you better not expect anything, because they cater to them, whoever they might be.

I mean, the first trace of a human-being was one of the negro race; so, technically, he does not have a misunderstanding. Perhaps, though, he is just making an example of how far the human race has not gone with respect to race relations. I wonder what Jesus would do; or God, or Allah, or any other god-like entity in a society in this situation. I bet they wouldn't behave like the people down here that proclaim that they believe in their god.

Welcome, jschool. I think that we need a unity in this country, without any sort of divisions. I have friends of every race and ethnicity, who are either natural-born Americans or legal immigrants, and we have a lot in common, like putting on a shirt one sleeve at a time. The common thread of being homo sapiens should be much more than important than the way a group of people developed in ancient times, the shape of their skulls and the rise of their cheekbones.

April
    Texas and Rhode Island NEED OUR HELP!!! Please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-898358.html#898358

This guy you are speaking of was on Lou Dobbs the other day, that is where the story came out and he is sueing the college. Lou asked him to keep him updated!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

South Africa was a British Colony. There were horrible race riots and tensions in the 80's because of discrimination.

Frankly, when I hear an American cry about discriminiation, it's almost laughable because they have no idea what it's really like. The people of South Africa do. Discrimination is not about getting your feelings hurt, it's far worse than that.

Dixie

I lived in a small town in East Texas (Marshall) for a while with my grandparents, while my mother recovered from the divorce. I went to an Evangelical Presbyterian church while I was there. My youth pastor is one of the absolute greatest people on the planet! He named is son after me, and soon moved his family to Russia for mission work. During that time, we got a foreign exchange student named Arthur from South Africa. I had MANY questions for him.

He was one of the FEW white people in South Africa that wanted the people to have freedom. Racism was really a huge problem there. The whites wanted to keep the black people in check, while the black people felt that they deserved freedom. Well as we know the people had their way.

It is so sad to me that it took that long to recognize that ALL people of Earth deserve freedom. Arthur was so proud of his people for doing what is right. I just hope that anytime a female has the need for a diamond, that they realize what people have to go through just to get that diamond. Me and my wife agreed that we shall put NO rings on our fingers, because having a ring on our finger is NOT worth the life of a child that was killed to have such a jewel.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I always wondered why African-American was only used to describe black people. I agree with the student on Lou Dobbs. He was born and raised in Africa so he is an African-American.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast