Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

LulzSec Arrests Mark Beginning of the End of the Organized Hacker Community

LulzSec Arrests Mark Beginning of the End of the Organized Hacker Community

By L. Vincent Poupard | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 9 mins ago.. .

Top members of LulzSec, the hacker group have been arrested and will be facing charges in New York, according to ABC News. Fox News reports the leader of the group, Hector Xavier Monsegur, might have been collecting information for federal investigators for months. Could this be the perfect storm for organized hacker groups?

If this is true, chances are good Monsegur will have information on all of the other major members of LulzSec, many of the minor members and members of other organized hacker groups such as Anonymous. Since he was at the head of the machine, he would be privy to information investigators would not have otherwise received and this could send ripples through the hacker community.

As a political/business consultant, I see this as the moment the government has hoped and one the hacker community could not have been prepared for. I see this as the beginning of the end for the organized hacking community.

I have followed the stories of LulzSec and Anonymous for months and I see the next few weeks being intricate in the investigation as the hacker community figures out what to do next. I see some hackers walking away from the community as they worry about the government being led to their doors. I see others scrambling to try to mount some type of an attack. Without their leaders and top programmers though, they will be left to squabble over the types of attacks and with much less bark behind their bite.

The organization of organized hacker groups such as LulzSec is failing and it could be because of one week link in the chain of command. In the past, whenever members of the hacker community have been arrested, Anonymous or LulzSec have come forward and denied the connections or the importance of those arrested. Whoever is left standing can bark all they want but without leadership, they organization behind their organization is gone.

LulzSec Arrests Mark Beginning of the End of the Organized Hacker Community - Yahoo! News
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn