Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Macon, Ga., Mayor Converts to Islam, Wants to Change Name

Friday , February 02, 2007
    MACON, Ga. —

Mayor Jack Ellis has converted to Islam and is working to change his legal name to Hakim Mansour Ellis.

Ellis, 61, a Macon native who was raised Christian, said he became a Sunni Muslim during a December ceremony in the west African nation of Senegal.

Ellis said he has studied the Koran for years and that his new religion was practiced by his ancestors before they were brought to North America as slaves.

"Why does one become a Christian?" Ellis said Thursday. "You do it because it feels right. ... To me it's no big deal. But people like to know what you believe in."

Name-changing by Ismaic converts is a common practice that is considered commendable, though it is typically not required.

Ellis said he would keep his last name at the request of two daughters.

Ellis, whose mayoral term expires this year, said he hasn't calculated how his religious conversion might affect him politically. He said he is proud to live in a country founded on religious freedom.

"If anybody wants to know about Islam, I can hold an intelligent conversation," Ellis said. "What I've found is how little we know about the religion."

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly ... 24,00.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Again, we're in deep doo doo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hear ya sis. One at a time. All the while claiming they have no intention of changing anything. However just like in Europe and also now in Michigan once their numbers reach a point that all goes out the window. Some folks think that a battle that has been waging for hundreds and hundreds of years is not relevant to us today.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Looks to me that he needs to resign since he
    is not what he was when he started his job
    as mayor.

I am tellin' ya...the people that run this country are
    getting "manchurian canidated".

If he would suddenly stand up and denounce radical islamic and their jihad against infidels, I might be inclined to believe what he said, until he does that, he needs to resign!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    If he would suddenly stand up and denounce radical islamic and their jihad against infidels, I might be inclined to believe what he said, until he does that, he needs to resign!
    NITTY
    you always speak with such common sense!

Thanx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)