Making The Enemies List

By Thomas D. Segel
August 7, 2009

Those of you who tuned in to television or radio news in the past two days have now heard about the new target of the Obama Administration---You! I have read that message from our President and the White House. It is now very clear to me that I am right up near the top of the Enemies List the administration seems to have been collecting during its short time in power.

First, I made the list when Homeland Security sent out a message that veterans, along with those who held close to their beliefs by clinging to God and guns were a danger to America.

It is also clear to me that since I have attended some Tea Party meetings and nobody in the audience had anything good to say about the government, that we all were tagged as enemies.

Most of my fellow Rotarians and me are surely on the White House list. At our meetings we have many casual conversations about what we view are the wrong-headed decisions made in Washington

I am guilty of sending my friends interesting videos from Youtube.com and other sources. Most of them have been very critical of the Washington elite. I also forward emails on the same topics.

The only thing I can see wrong in their message to America and the attempt to form a communist-style citizen watch of informants, is the claim everyone involved is a GOP operative. I take as many shots at the Republicans as I do the Democrats. In fact, if the White House will view what I have said in detail, they will find I believe we only have two major parties in the United States...Democrat and Democrat-Lite. Those of us who are really angry have no political party. We are American Conservatives.

According to President Obama and his band of experts, I must be guilty of disinformation. So far, in 2009, I have written a total of 34 commentaries totaling multiple thousands of words...all critical of what is taking place in our nation's capitol. According to this new band of Chicago Politic Police, the claim is I am a member of this organized mob pretending to be angry at plans for nationalize healthcare. Well, they have missed the target by miles. I am part of that unorganized band of patriots who hate seeing what is being done to the country we love. So, Mr. President, today I will send a copy of this commentary to flag@whitehouse.gov just as you requested. If you need more information about my misconduct, I refer you to my service record book. You will find a 26-year history of everything I did as a United States Marine.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/tsegel ... 0807.shtml