Man accused of stabbing random Dallas shopper

by JONATHAN BETZ
WFAA
Posted on May 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Police say Antowann Davis (pictured), 30, walked into the Target on Marsh Lane around 9:15 p.m. Thursday and took a butcher knife out of its packaging in the kitchen department. Martha Jones, 29, said she was browsing inside the store when Davis walked past her and shoved the knife into her lower back.

Video At:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Man-A...152116725.html

DALLAS – A Dallas man remains in jail after police say he randomly stabbed a shopper inside a Target store.

Police say Antowann Davis, 30, walked into the Target on Marsh Lane around 9:15 p.m. Thursday and took a butcher knife out of its packaging in the kitchen department.

Martha Jones, 29, said she was browsing inside the store when Davis walked past her and shoved the knife into her lower back.

“I felt something behind me,” said Jones, a Dallas-based lawyer, from her bed at Parkland Memorial Hospital. “He stabbed me in the back and kept walking.”

Jones remained in the hospital in good condition Friday.

She said Davis never spoke to her, or even tried to grab her purse. She said she had never seen him before.

Although court documents say Jones lost a lot of blood, she was able to call for help and provide security a good description of the suspect. Dallas police arrested Davis a block away.

Davis faces an aggravated assault charge, and remains in the Dallas County Jail on a $25,000 bond.
Man accused of stabbing random Dallas shopper | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth