Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Man arrested with shotgun near Capitol

Man arrested with shotgun near Capitol

United States Capitol Police officers arrested a man carrying a shotgun Friday afternoon near the Capitol complex.

The police have closed off streets around the Capitol and are preparing to inspect his car.

A Capitol Police spokeswoman did not immediately respond to a call for comment.

Update - In a press briefing, Sgt. Kimberly Schneider of the U.S. Capitol Police just gave this statement on today's incident, which is still being investigated:

"At approximately one o'clock this afternoon, the U.S Capitol Police observed a man who appeared to be in possession of a shotgun. He was arrested, apprehended and is currently in Capitol Police custody. There are few details available about this individual at this time other than he is a white male. There is also is a vehicle that is associated with this individual located in in the area of North Capitol and D Street in the Northwest. Capitol Police are currently searching the vehicle. There are items of concern that Capitol Poliice have recovered, therefore the immediate area is restricted and vehicular and pededstrian is restricted until the area is clear."

Schneider said the unidentified man, who was openly carrying the shotgun, was arrested heading south on First Street NE, about a block from the Capitol, without injury and no shots were fired. That location is between the Russell and Dirksen Senate Office buildings.

Scheinder's description of the incident made it sound like Capitol Police may have drawn their weapons to disarm him but she offered no other details. "When we have an individual that is armed with a shotgun, our training and our tactics totally change from talking to someone face-to-face who does not appear to be a threat," Schneider said. "So that they way that the officers handled this individuals was excellent. Nobody was injured. The officers were not injured and the individual was taken into custody immediately."

There was no confirmation that the man was carrying a samurai sword or any other weapon, although Fox News is reporting that.

"There is some indication as indicated by Capitol Police officers and officials that there some items of concern inside the vehicle, which lead us to want to search the vehicle further," Schneider added. Police were a robot to search the suspicious car.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/ ... pitol.html

A WHITE MALE.... Oh my Lord... Heaven HELP US...

There was no confirmation that the man was carrying a samurai sword or any other weapon, although Fox News is reporting that.
    Sensationalism abounds with FOX NEWS.... as soon as a White male is mentioned they pounce..... lets throw in some samurai swords, nunchuks because this is a white male wacko supremisist... if you let the news media tell the story..

If it was a Hispanic... the coverage would have been minimized
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Comments

Anyone seen Huck?

Posted By: ConSavant | January 18, 2008 at 03:02 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

That's simply not possible. The 2nd amendment is not permitted in the nation's capitol. There must be some mistake in reporting.

Posted By: McClure | January 18, 2008 at 03:02 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

or Kerry. Or did he not "get me a license" this year?

Posted By: ConSavant | January 18, 2008 at 03:02 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I'm betting it's Romney. We all know how much he hates those waskly varmints!

Posted By: VDS | January 18, 2008 at 03:08 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I thought Cheney was above the law?

Posted By: L | January 18, 2008 at 03:08 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Big Deal

Posted By: john | January 18, 2008 at 03:09 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

They will throw this guy to the hounds. (Unless he's drunk and his name is Kennedy)

Posted By: PaulAndrewKirk | January 18, 2008 at 03:09 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Its D.C. Everybody has a gun!

Posted By: bc | January 18, 2008 at 03:15 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

He also had a tactical Vest, tactical Bow, and a samari sword. His vehicle tested positive for explosives. (so the dogs think)

Posted By: | January 18, 2008 at 03:18 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Shhhh I am huntin wabbits .... Is Cheney duck hunting again?

Posted By: HYRLUV | January 18, 2008 at 03:19 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

so what?

Posted By: earl hines | January 18, 2008 at 03:20 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Maybe he is just a disenfranchised voter looking for a franchise.

Posted By: voters never win | January 18, 2008 at 03:20 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Nearly time for the phony black church burnings and swastikas at Jewish cemetaries. Gotta keep that Dem base fired up.

Posted By: cab404 | January 18, 2008 at 03:21 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

The article (does three sentences make an article?) doesn't say why he was arrested. I see the implication and I'm not surprised that that would happen in D.C., but this is definitely misleading.

Posted By: Matt | January 18, 2008 at 03:27 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I didn't realize they allowed quail hunting in the city.

Posted By: Joe | January 18, 2008 at 03:28 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

He is already out.He is an illegal alien and arrresting him is desprespectful because people can't be illegal

Posted By: jackfish | January 18, 2008 at 03:31 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

A one man coup d'etat?

Posted By: Citizen Joe | January 18, 2008 at 03:31 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

get it right. he is a hunter hired by pelosi to bring in some fresh game for the cafeteria. probably looking for the squirrels that bush feeds.

Posted By: sailor64 | January 18, 2008 at 03:33 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Tell him the tea party is next week and it is in Boston once again.

Posted By: Thomas of Grain Valley, Mo. | January 18, 2008 at 03:34 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Oh my, please don't allow Ted Kennedy to drink anymore. He gets in those "moods" when he drinks.

Posted By: KY | January 18, 2008 at 03:37 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I don't see how the cops could let a truck with a Utah license plate get that close to the capitol .

Posted By: nat turner | January 18, 2008 at 03:37 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I used to live on 2nd & C st NE right near where they caught this guy. 24hours a day there were creeps smoking crack in the back alley within sight of the Hart Senate Office Building but they never got arrested.

Posted By: bburgis | January 18, 2008 at 03:37 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

I used to live on 2nd & C st NE right near where they caught this guy. 24hours a day there were creeps smoking crack in the back alley within sight of the Hart Senate Office Building but they never got arrested.

Posted By: bburgis | January 18, 2008 at 03:37 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

No crime was comitted. He should sue for false arrest.

Posted By: d smirne | January 18, 2008 at 03:39 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

he was probably lobbying for the NRA

Posted By: b l r | January 18, 2008 at 03:43 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

Two people I would not vote for President: Mike Huckesterbee and John Beline McCain...and I am a Christian. These two candidates will give away the country.

Posted By: Iona Juman | January 18, 2008 at 03:44 PM
    REPORT ABUSE

How is this news? Some guy with a gun gets arrested. Happens everyday all over the country. There has to be more to the story. People are not usually arrested simply for having a gun.

Posted By: Peter | January 18, 2008 at 03:56 PM
    REPORT ABUSE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We dont see these things on the multi-media news and if we do it is limited information ... I am talking TV, radio, News Papers and never ever does it include the persons race.

But let a white guy snap "Cause he isnt going to take it anymore" and it's national headlines, front page, breaking news on CNN, FOX, New York Times....

No more people... No More!