Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man Attacked By Rabid Coyote In Piedmont City

Man Attacked By Rabid Coyote In Piedmont City
    Health officials say people should be aware since coyotes are a natural part of the wildlife in this area.
    Greensboro, NC -- A man went to a local park for lunch. A woman went to walk her dog. Little did they know a rabid coyote would attack. Now health leaders are warning everyone about the danger. Local experts say coyotes are a natural part of the wildlife in this area, so you shouldn't be surprised to see one. But to reduce your chances of getting hurt, leave any food in your car, and keep your children and pets close to you.

You can't miss the signs now posted at Guilford Courthouse National Military Park. Local health officials say a rabid coyote attacked a man walking through the park on Thursday afternoon.
    The man saw a doctor and will be fine, but someone else saw another attack.

"They noticed a woman earlier in the afternoon walking her dog. A coyote had attacked her dog. She stopped the fighting and then left," says Pam Spence with the Guilford County Department of Public Health.

Animal control officers caught, killed and tested the coyote for rabies. Results came back positive.

As for the woman who's dog was attacked, animal control officers want to here from her. She and her dog may have been exposed to rabies.

Guilford county has seen twice as many cases as rabies this year over last.

North Carolina law requires all dogs and cats over four months old to be vaccinated against rabies. You can get a $5 vaccine Saturday July 22nd. The clinic will be held at Saint Francis Episcopal Church on Lawndale Drive in Greensboro from 9 am to 1 pm.

http://wfmynews2.com/news/topstory_arti ... ryid=67168
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I hope her dog had his shots. If that lady contracts rabies, she is gone. It's very very deadly.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live out in the country and I do have a cat that mostly stays indoors. Old cat....around 15 years old. The cat I had before her I took and got shots for him faithfully, everytime one came due.
    When he was 9 years old he developed FIV.........feline HIV..........it came from the needles they were using at the Vet's when they gave him shots. I had to have that cat put to sleep and that about killed me. That was really hard on me........I just could not do that again........I refuse to get this cat shots for that reason. I know Rabies is bad, but she doesn't get out in the woods and roam..........she stays right here at the house.
    I cannot do that to another cat........the one I had that got FIV was so, so very sick the last 3 months of his life. One has to wonder which is the lesser of the two evils.........the shots or FIV.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009