Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man could get life in prison over stolen doughnuts

This has no relation to illegal immigration at all; except that I'm still incredulous at the way the law is exercised in this and other States sometimes. We have millions of illegal invaders in our country, murderers and sex offenders are given slaps on the wrist. And a guy might go to prison for life for stealing a pack of doughnuts? In no way do I think this is an innocent guy and he may very well deserve life in prison for crimes he's committed. But for stealing doughnuts? And now the Governor is thinking about giving early release to 22,000 criminals because of budget and space problems??? Well no wonder! We're housing thousands of illegal immigrants in our prisons and now I wonder how many are being incarcerated for violations of the 3rd Strike rule such as this?

Not so sweet a deal: Man could get life in prison over stolen doughnuts
    The Bakersfield Californian | Monday, Dec 31 2007 3:32 PM
    Last Updated: Monday, Dec 31 2007 3:55 PM

A stolen package of doughnuts — plus dozens of other arrests over the past 30 years — could put Robert Fassbender in prison for life.

More video from Bakersfield.com:
    Fassbender, 51, faces a third strike for allegedly stealing a package of Hostess doughnuts from the Wildrose Station in Tehachapi. The two strikes against him are from robberies committed in 1977 and 1979, said Michael Webb, Fassbender’s attorney.

In a jailhouse interview, Fassbender said the previous felonies involved stealing money from registers at hotels.

“As far as doughnuts go and having to fight for my life, it (the three strikes rule) is unjust,â€

Personally, I think it does a lot more harm to society when an illegal alien steals somebody's identity, than when a man steals a pack of donuts.

Give me a freakin' break...
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Personally, I think it does a lot more harm to society when an illegal alien steals somebody's identity, than when a man steals a pack of donuts.

Give me a freakin' break...
    Here's a good line for you AG:

How can anyone be sane in an insane world?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada