Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Marine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Marine

The following is a poem and letter sent from a Marine to his Dad while he was serving in Iraq;

The Marine;
    We all came together,
    both young and old,
    to fight for freedom,
    to stand and be bold,
    in the mist of all evil
    we stand our ground
    and we protect our country
    from terror all around.
    Peace and not war,
    is what some people say,
    But I will give my life
    so you can live the American way.
    I give you the right
    to talk of your peace
    to stand in your groups
    and protest in our streets.
    But still I fight on;
    I don't bitch, I don't whine.
    I'm just one of the people
    who is doing your time.
    I'm harder than nails,
    stronger than any machine,
    I'm the immortal soldier,
    I'm a US Marine.
    Fight for the stranger
    fight for the young
    so they all may have
    the greatest freedom you've won.
    Fight for the sick
    fight for the poor
    fight for the cripple who lives next door.
    But when your time comes,
    do what I've done.
    For if you stand up for freedom,
    You'll stand when the fight's done.

Cpl. Aaron Gilbert
    US Marine Corps

Hey Dad,
    do me a favor and label this "The Marine" and send it everybody on your email list. Even leave this letter in it. Every eye seeing it. And every heart to feel it. So can you please send this for me? I would but my email time isn't that long and I don't have much time anyway. You know what Dad? I wonder what it would be like to truly understand what JFK said in his inaugural speech.
    When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility, I welcome it.
    Well now I know, and I do. Dad, I welcome the opprotunity to do what I do. Even though I have left behind a beautiful wife, and I will miss the birth of our frist born child,I would do it 70 times over to fight for the place that God has made my home.I love you all and miss you very much. I wish I could be when Sandi has our baby, but tell her that I love her, and Lord willing I will be coming home soon. Give Mom a great big hug from me and give one to yourself too.
    Aaron.

Cpl. Aaron Gilbert was killed by an Iraq soldier while he was on patrol with two days left after his Father received this poem and letter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow what a powerful poem. What a true American hero. May God bless his family and may they know that we appreciate his sacrifice for our great country.

I am in pain as a mom after reading this ...the tears burn
    Thank you for sharing this...and this makes me know why we fight for our Country...for our sons and daughters who have gone away... for us to have freedom
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

This is what are young warriors are sacrificing, their very lives, for us, their families and America and yet our politicians continue to sell out America and our culture........ I can't begin to tell you how angry this make me feel!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "Always faithful."

Good one MD our kids deserve all the support we can give them, and our prayers to their family.

From the American Legion Web Site:

In such cases as this soldier includes all services.

I'm going to keep this post near the time for a time so that other will read it.
    Cpl Gilbert ask his Dad to pass it on and it came to me so I will honor they wishes of my fallen Marine brother.
    Please feel free to pass this on to other sites as well.

Semper Fi Aaron, we will not forget you and the other American warriors who gave their life defending mine.

Sending this page to a number of other vets.

bttt
    Just so others may see the words of a true hero.

Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast