Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Massive Layoffs Coming At AOL

http://www.10news.com

Massive Layoffs Coming At AOL
    Cuts To Happen Over Next 6 Months

POSTED: 11:39 am PDT August 3, 2006
    UPDATED: 11:51 am PDT August 3, 2006

NEW YORK -- The changes that are taking place at AOL are going to put as many as 5,000 people out of work.

The company said it could be dropping that many employees -- a quarter of its global work force -- within six months.

The announcement came Thursday -- one day after the online company said it would no longer charge high-speed Internet customers for e-mail and some other services.

Massive layoffs around the world have been expected, as AOL stops actively marketing its dial-up services in the U.S. and reduces its need for customer-support centers.

Some European employees will still have jobs, but with another company.

AOL is trying to get rid of its Internet access business in France, Germany and the United Kingdom.

The cuts follow several rounds in recent years, including about 1,300 customer-service jobs announced in May.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh yeah,

The economy, for AMERICANS, is just peachy!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

curious

I was just thinking the same thing. They forget (when they keep talking about low unemloyment figures) that once someone exhausts their benefits they are no longer a "statistic". So you can be there are thousands upon thousands of US citizens out of work and thanks to outsourcing, nearsourcing, companies moving jobs overseas, and illegals, there will be many more. The attack on the Middle Class is in high gear!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

So............that is why we are getting a NEW AOL, huh?

Important AOL Announcement
    Frequently Asked Questions About the New AOL
    Why Is AOL Doing This?
    What Is Included for Free?
    What Don't I Get for Free?
    I'm Thinking About Switching to Broadband: What Should I Do?
    Does AOL Work With Any Broadband or Dial-Up Provider?
    Where's the Catch?
    When Can I Get AOL for Free?
    Does This Mean I Can Stop Paying for AOL?
    Will There Be a Service Disruption if I Choose the Free AOL Option?
    Will I Be Bombarded With Advertising if I Choose the Free AOL Option?
    What if I Still Need Internet Access?
    Can I Keep Using AOL in Spanish or English?
    1. Why Is AOL Doing This?
    To give members more choice and flexibility so they can get the online experience that's right for them. As AOL changes, other sources of revenue (such as advertising) will allow us to offer many of our services free of charge.

2. What Is Included for Free?
    Regardless of how you choose to get online, here's what you'll get for free from AOL: An email account with up to seven screen names, the Buddy ListŪ feature, Address Book, AOL software, comprehensive safety and security protection, Parental Controls, access to millions of online videos, AOLŪ Radio with XM and more.

3. What Don't I Get for Free?
    There will still be a monthly charge to use AOL to connect to the Internet, and we will offer several reliable and affordable options, on both dial-up and broadband. These options will include access to our 24/7 Live (telephone) Customer Support, which is not available with our free services. Additionally, we will offer various a la carte products and services, many of which we will announce this fall.

4. I'm Thinking About Switching to Broadband: What Should I Do?
    AOL offers several reliable and affordable options for switching to a high-speed (cable or DSL) Internet connection. Call us at 1-800-984-7134 to find out if the service is available at your home address. If you purchase your high-speed Internet connection separately, you can still use AOL's free services -- including email, video, radio, online security and more.

5. Does AOL Work With Any Broadband or Dial-Up Provider?
    Yes, AOL works with any dial-up or broadband provider. You do not need to change your email address or do anything differently. Once you connect to the Internet with your dial-up, cable, DSL, satellite or wi-fi provider, you simply go to AOL.com or start your existing AOL software. For information on how to set up your AOL software to work with another provider, please go to http://help.aol.com and search for "Connection" or click here.

AOL will continue to provide several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the Internet, on both dial-up and high-speed (cable or DSL) plans. Please call 1-866-280-0618 to find out more about the connectivity plans AOL provides.

6. Where's the Catch?
    There is no catch. Choose to connect to the Internet however you want, and enjoy the benefits of AOL's software, email, and features at no extra cost. We'll still have pay plans for people who need an Internet connection and full customer support, as well as certain a la carte services, but anyone can use AOL's free features regardless of how they get online.

7. When Can I Get AOL for Free?
    If you already have an alternative way to connect to the Internet, either by dial-up or broadband, you can move to the free AOL plan and continue to access your AOL e-mail, software, and security features. To change your current AOL plan, simply call Member Services at 1-800-984-6207 and select the Billing Option when prompted.

8. Does This Mean I Can Stop Paying for AOL?
    That depends. You can choose the free AOL option and stop paying for Internet access and customer support from AOL if you have another way to get online. Once you're online, you can continue to use AOL's software, email and security features at no charge. We will, however, continue to offer dial-up and high-speed (cable or DSL) plans for those who need a connection to the Internet and customer support.

9. Will There Be a Service Disruption if I Choose the Free AOL Option?
    No -- you should be able to continue accessing the AOL software, your email account and additional AOL features, as long as you have a connection to the Internet. Make sure you first start up your Internet connection before you open your AOL software.

10. Will I Be Bombarded With Advertising if I Choose the Free AOL Option?
    We do not anticipate significant changes to the advertising and pop-up policies in place on the AOL.com Web site and throughout the AOL service.

11. What if I Still Need Internet Access?
    AOL will continue to offer several reliable and affordable options for connecting to the Internet, on both dial-up and high-speed (cable or DSL) plans.

12. Can I Keep Using AOL in Spanish or English?
    Yes, you can continue to use AOL in the language that you prefer -- Spanish or English.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009