Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain desperate for pharma money.. no more vitamins

I have to share something in posting this. I was told by an herbalist, that at the first sign of a cold of flu, take 15,000 IU's of Vitamin D3. I was reluctant, but bought a bottle (really cheap, $8.50). Three weeks ago, my husband who never gets sick was having chills and complaining of a sore throat. I game him 15,000 iu's of the D3.. he still felt bad the next day, but the following day he was fine. The same with my daughter. The theory of many doctors (and you can youtube this) is that the reason why colds and flus spread more in the winter months is because we are not out in the sun as much. So they recommend you take a 5,000 iu of D3 once per day in the fall and winter, and first sign of an infection, hit it hard with the 3 - 5,000 iu's capsules. Worked on my family, but Insane's political contributors upset about that. They would rather you take their slow kill H1N1 vaccine, or better yet get sick and pay $200. for a prescription and $300. for a doctor's visit. Shame, Shame on you John Insane !!! You are everything in Washington, we absolutely despise !!!!

This guys is desperate for money .... He is a slimeball who now has introduced legislation to prohibit you and I from buying vitamins.

http://www.anh-usa.org/new_site/?p=2307

Senator McCain Files New Bill That Attacks Your Access to Supplements and Repeals Key Sections of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act
    February 4, 2010

McCain’s bill is called The Dietary Supplement Safety Act (DSSA). It would repeal key sections of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA). DSHEA protects supplements if 1) they are food products that have been in the food supply and not chemically altered or 2) if they were sold as supplements prior to 1994, the year that DSHEA was passed. If a supplement fits one of these two descriptions, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cannot arbitrarily ban it or reclassify it as a drug.

These protections are far from perfect. They discourage companies from developing new forms of supplements. New supplements may be arbitrarily banned by the FDA or adopted by drug companies in a way that precludes their further sale as supplements.

McCain’s bill would wipe out even the minimal protections contained in DSHEA. It would give the FDA full discretion and power to compile a discreet list of supplements allowed to remain on the market while banning all others.

Everyone knows that the FDA is friendly to drug companies (which pay its bills and provide good revolving door jobs) and hostile to supplement companies. Under this bill, this same Agency could quite arbitrarily ban any supplement it wished or turn it over to drug companies to be developed as a drug and sold for multiples of its price as a supplement.

We must prevent this bill from gaining traction! Protect your access to supplements by contacting your senators today and asking them NOT to co-sponsor the Dietary Supplement Safety Act but rather to oppose it.

TAKE ACTION

McCain’s Dietary Supplement Safety Act (DSSA) appears to be supported by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) which is funded by major league sports teams including baseball, football and others. The recent suspensions of NFL and other professional sports figures is much in the news, and the goal of the sports industry appears to be to shift the spotlight from their players to the supplements industry. In his comments, Senator McCain cited six NFL players recently suspended for testing positive for banned substances and purportedly exposed to these substances through dietary supplements.

The problem here of course is one of illegal sale and use of steroids. So why dismantle the supplement industry in order to control already illegal substances?

The FDA currently has complete and total authority to stop illegal steroids and, more broadly, to regulate dietary supplements. If the agency were doing its job, it could and would have prevented the sale of illegal steroids. The answer to this problem is not to give FDA more power. The Agency simply needs to do it’s job.

TAKE ACTION

Why would a bill be offered to solve an illegal steroid problem that does not really address the steroid problem but instead gives the FDA complete and arbitrary control over all supplements? The answer is simple.There are a lot of vested interests which are threatened by supplements. Drug companies do not like them because they represent a low cost, safer, and often more effective alternative to drugs. The FDA does not like them because supplements do not come through the FDA approval process and therefore do not support the FDA budget.

Why not simply require that supplements be brought through the FDA’s drug approval process? Wouldn’t that create a level playing field?

That is probably the argument that Senator McCain has been sold. But it is a completely false argument. The FDA drug approval process costs as much as a billion dollars. It is not economically feasible to spend such vast sums on substances that are not protected by patent, and natural substances cannot legally be patented.

This is the great “Catch 22â€

Moving to Other Topics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Our soil for growing veggies with nutrients has been destroyed, so that a piece of broccoli has not even half the nutrition it did about 20 years ago.
    Perhaps, taking a vitamin provides no nutritional value to make a difference, but in my experience, it does provide a psychological boost. Mind over body can be very powerful in the confidence to heal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vortex, you might be right about that. But I would much rather have a natural treatment, then spend a fortune at the doctor's office. I have found over the years that doctors know about the same amount as I do. They just prescribe drugs, and expensive drugs at that.

But I will say, vitamin D3 really does work. And on a flu virus, don't believe mind over matter works. That stuff hangs on for two or three weeks.. But the D3 did work in this household.

Also, for the sore throat apple cider vinegar diluted with water. That got rid of the sore throat. I would much rather use that than rocket fuel, lolol....

Dianne says..... take 15,000 IU's of Vitamin D3

I have been doing that for years now....I have not called in sick to work in over 3 years...(took a snow day last year as we had 10 inches of snow here just south of Vegas...but that is another story)
    I have read up on it...and several sites also listed that as a remedy... suggested to people at work that came in looking/feeling bad...they listened and came back in the next day feeling good again and thanking me...Vitamins work....so much better than the chemicals the doctors are trying to push
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I too have been using vitamin D3 for years with very good results.
    I have also noticed as long as I am taking D3 I don't get depressed during the winter when I am inside so much.
    I'm happy to see that I am not the only one who believes in this vitamin.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Made a note of this Dianne and will give it a try.

Personally I'm tired of the drug commercials and advertisements pushing drugs on us. Some of these drugs are good but there has to be more natural remedies available for many ailments.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dianne....

Thank you for starting this topic.
    Although I have taken D3 for many years I didn't know it could be taken in large amounts or how deficient most people are in this vitamin.
    Though a lot of vitamins are toxic in more than recommended amounts this one is not.

very good information....Thanks

Forgot to say

I will take immediate action against McCains Bill.
    Will pass the information on about this bill to my entire mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    Dianne says..... take 15,000 IU's of Vitamin D3

I have been doing that for years now....I have not called in sick to work in over 3 years...(took a snow day last year as we had 10 inches of snow here just south of Vegas...but that is another story)
    I have read up on it...and several sites also listed that as a remedy... suggested to people at work that came in looking/feeling bad...they listened and came back in the next day feeling good again and thanking me...Vitamins work....so much better than the chemicals the doctors are trying to push
    This is everything sickening about our corpororate owned government. Each day they work behind the scenes to rob us of more and more personal choices and freedoms.