Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

McCain prefers 'great American' over maverick or partisan la

McCain says he prefers 'great American' over maverick or partisan labels

By Bridget Johnson - 04/18/10 09:45 AM ET
    Comments 9

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he wasn't picking sides between "maverick" and "partisan" in response to his primary fight against former Rep. J.D. Hayworth.

When asked on "Fox News Sunday" whether he'd gone from his maverick stance toward a position further on the right, McCain said, "Now that I'm fighting against this administration... then I'm a partisan. But I'm a fighter and that's what I am."

"...I prefer 'great American' myself," the 2008 presidential candidate quipped.

McCain said he passed the "litmus test" of being a true conservative over Hayworth because of his opposition to earmarks and pork-barrel spending.

"I enjoy the race, I love a campaign and I'm confident of victory," he said.

McCain said while the anger against incumbents expressed at Tea Parties and the like was a serious reason for Washington to be concerned, he didn't believe that anger would affect his re-election effort.

"No, I don't worry about it," he said. "I know I can outcampaign anybody."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop ... san-labels
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"...I prefer 'great American' myself," the 2008 presidential candidate quipped
    Well, I prefer he didn't call us "my friends". I am not his friend and it creeps me out when he says it. I will continue to refer to him as "Jaun McStain."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does this guy have an ego, or what? 'Pathetic, two-faced, poor excuse for an American legislator' would be more appropriate!
    Wonder if he wants to see himself on Mt. Rushmore! But I think he will be lucky to get the local sewage treatment plant named after him!

"No, I don't worry about it," he said. "I know I can outcampaign anybody."
    Senility?

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he wasn't picking sides between "maverick" and "partisan" in response to his primary fight against former Rep. J.D. Hayworth.
    I think the term "maverick" fits, though not in the sense that the dictionary applies it to politicians. No, I believe McCain is a maverick in the sense that the term applies to stray cattle: lost, clueless, with no idea where he is or where in hell the herd is, but more than willing to join it if he could find it.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO