Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McDonalds offering $25,000 Scholarships to Hispanics

McDonald’s Offering $25,000 in Scholarships to Local Hispanic High School Seniors

Five outstanding students of Hispanic descent will start college with $5,000 already paid toward their education thanks to a scholarship from the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Southern California, RMHC of San Diego, the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of Southern California and the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of San Diego.

The Hispanic American Commitment to Education Resources (HACER) scholarship is offered to high school seniors who have at least one parent of Hispanic heritage and who are eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a complete course of study.

Since 1990, more than $2.7 million in scholarship funds have been awarded for students who reside in Southern California. This is the second year that a HACER scholarship is being offered exclusively to San Diego County residents. Five scholarship recipients in good academic standing will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship for their first year of college.

“We had an overwhelming number of applicants last year, and it’s great to see so many Hispanic youth in San Diego eager to attend college,â€
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 06-15-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That seems rather racist to me.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why only Hispanics or Mexicans? This is racist. Why not poor kids that are Asian, Caucasian, whatever. We need to start suing, like they do.

AE

I agree, I think it is very discriminatory to give out scholarships based on race/ethnicity. There are a lot of kids in need, who would not otherwise be able to attend college.

Do you all remember this one? http://www.thefire.org/index.php/article/7947.html

Republican student group’s decision to sponsor satirical, whites-only scholarship starts row

by Associated Press

April 18, 2007

International Herald Tribune
    A decision by a student Republican group at the University of Rhode Island to sponsor a satirical scholarship for white, heterosexual men has started a row on campus.

The group’s move poked fun at the fact that many scholarships at American universities are targeted at groups that are perceived to be at a disadvantage, including racial minorities and women.

But student leaders reacted angrily: threatening to cut off money and other perks from the College Republicans for allegedly violating an anti-discrimination clause in the student Senate’s rules, according to university officials. A committee of the student Senate also has asked to review the College Republicans’ activities.

An apology from the group would end most of the disciplinary actions, but the College Republicans are fighting it.

University President Robert Carothers wrote a letter this month warning the student Senate’s president against forcing the Republicans to unwillingly make public statements, said Tom Dougan, the university’s vice president for student affairs.

“We don’t believe anyone’s First Amendment rights should be violated,â€
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

This is discriminatory, if they don't offer the same to blacks, whites and all other people of "ethnic" heritage, like Americans who have roots in the Navaho, Cherokee, Sioux, etc. groups.
    I go through the McDonald's drive-thru, and whenever someone Hispanic takes my order for unsweetened iced tea I end up with sweet tea, which I hate. From this point on, I will go to a locally-owned fast food joint, which requires I make a left on a six-lane road and pray that I don't get rear-ended before I get in the lot. Shortly, I am boycotting McDonalds.
    And furthermore: this morning I got folks doing a survey about my carbon monoxide detector (from county and CDC). One of the questions was did I or anyone in the household have Hispanic heritage. Told them a few choice words and slammed the door.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

my son is of Greek descent and Greek Americans are definitely in the minority. Can my son also have a scholarship?

I think you would need a Greek lobbyist group like Laraza.

MW
    I’m lovin’ it if Macdonalds Scholarships remain Unclaimed
    Find Free College Money!

You will be belovin’ it if some of these Mcdonald’s scholarships are left unclaimed. Read this and find out whether you are eligible for one of these unusual sometimes unclaimed McDonald’s Scholarship awards!

Are you interested in going to college, but not sure where you are going to get the money?

McDonald’s corporation has made a significant commitment to offering scholarships for a considerable number of students each year. The company offers financial aid to employees, as well as to other individuals throughout communities nationwide.

At least eight types of Mcdonald’s scholarships are available. The first of these, the Benjamin Criss Memorial Scholarship, is offered only to current and previous employees of the McDonald’s store in Wexford, Pennsylvania. One scholarship with a maximum award of $700 is awarded to students each year.

Another specific Mcdonald’s scholarship program for students of Jacksonville State University is the Ray A. Kroc McDonald’s Scholarship. This fast food scholarship is offered to employees enrolled at the university who have demonstrated the ability to achieve academically.

Similarly, another of McDonald’s scholarships is offered only to Cleveland, Ohio students who are attending schools recognized by the United Negro College Fund (UNCF). This financial scholarship is available to students with financial need who are able to maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average (GPA).

Likewise, Allegany College of Maryland students can apply for McDonalds scholarships as well. These students must be employees at certain McDonald’s restaurants and declare permanent residence in the states of West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, or the District of Columbia. The number of scholarships awarded each year varies, and the maximum amount of money offered to each student is $500.

Terhune, Indiana McDonald’s employees can also apply for a company scholarship if they live in either Madison or Delaware County, Indiana, and work for the restaurant. Five awards for $1,000 each are awarded annually to undergraduate students.

The McDonalds Foundation has also teamed up with two major organizations designed to increase unusual educational opportunities for minorities students. The foundation has dedicated a significant amount of money to the UNCF to assist African-American students to pay for college tuition expenses. These Macdonalds tuition scholarships are renewable annually, and offer awards of $3,000 to qualifying students who maintain a GPA of at least 2.5. These students must attend a college or university that is a member of the UNCF.

Another scholarship offered through Ronald McDonalds House Charities is offered to Hispanic students who live in an area that offers limited educational or career opportunities locally.

Students who qualify for this scholarship have at least one parent of Hispanic descent, are graduating high school students, and are legal residents of the United States. These nonrenewable awards are available for $1,000 each. Alternatively, four Hispanic students may have the unique opportunity to obtain a yearly $25,000 McDonalds scholarship, issued as a joint effort with the McDonald’s Hispanic Operators Association (MHOA). Many awards last year went unclaimed because Hispanic students were unaware of them.

Take advantage of these and other Mcdonalds college scholarship opportunities now! Don’t let your chance of a college education go to waste because these scholarships remain unclaimed. Start searching now for a Mcdonalds scholarship application .
    http://unclaimedscholarships.us/?page_id=161

Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarship Program Offering More Than $450,000 in...
    Fri Feb 1, 2008 10:00am EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single Page

Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarship Program Offering More Than
    $450,000 in Scholarships to Southern California High School Seniors

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As part of the Ronald
    McDonald House Charities of Southern California's (RMHCSC) commitment to education, $458,000 in scholarships are being offered through four scholarship programs to eligible graduating high school seniors who reside and attend school in Southern California's five-county area and demonstrate academic achievement, leadership skills and community involvement.

The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) scholarship program includes four programs: RMHC/ Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources (HACER), RMHC/Asian Pacific American Students Increasing Awareness (ASIA), RMHC/ African American Future Achievers and RMHC/ Scholars of Tomorrow.

The RMHC scholarship programs are awarding $458,000 in scholarships at $2,000 each to eligible students. The money awarded may be applied toward tuition, fees, room and board and/or other approved expenses. The application deadline is Friday, March 14, 2008 for all four scholarship programs. Scholarship recipients are selected by an advisory board consisting of educators, and community and civic leaders.

"McDonald's believes that supporting today's youth means supporting our
    future," said Ti Chang, local McDonald's owner/operator and president of
    McDonald's Operators' Association of Southern California. "We are proud to support these high school seniors as they reach their college and career goals and create a better future for themselves and their communities.

Applications for Southern California's RMHC scholarships are available
    through high school counselor offices and career centers throughout Southern California. Additionally, students can download applications on
    http://www.mcdonaldssocal.com or request an application via e-mail at
    mcdonalds@porternovelli.com.

Since 1990, RMHCSC and the McDonald's Operators' Association of Southern California (MOASC) have awarded more than $2.6 million in scholarships funds to students who reside in Southern California's five-county area of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura.

Funding for the scholarships are made possible through the global and
    Southern California chapters of RMHC and the fundraising efforts of local
    McDonald's owner/operators and regional staff. MOASC pays for all
    administrative costs of the scholarship program including producing and
    distributing the applications and hosting a recipient recognition event.

Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California is now celebrating
    30 years of helping children and families in need and is committed to
    improving the health and well-being of children in Southern California. In
    addition to the four scholarship programs, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California also operates four Ronald McDonald Houses, Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times and a Community Grants Board. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California recently announced the development of a fifth Ronald McDonald House in Long Beach, scheduled to open by 2010. The Community Grants Board has awarded more than 600 grants totaling more than $14 million
    to Southern California organizations that directly benefit children.

MOASC comprises more than 600 franchised and company-owned McDonald's restaurants in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura counties.

Porter Novelli
    310/444-7000

SOURCE Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California

Marissa Medina or Monica Pallan, both of Porter Novelli, +1-310-444-7000, for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California
    http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRel ... RN20080201

Philadelphia Seniors are offered scholarships by McDonald's

11/10/2008 – Ronald McDonald House Charities and the McDonald's Owner/Operators of the Greater PhiladelphiaRegion are offering college scholarships to seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need. They expect to give out 15 scholarships totaling $69,000.
    http://scholarshipmentor.com/LocalScholarshipNews.htm

All scholarship recipients must be legal residents of the United States. This is not an illegal alien issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) scholarship program includes four programs: RMHC/ Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources (HACER), RMHC/Asian Pacific American Students Increasing Awareness (ASIA), RMHC/ African American Future Achievers and RMHC/ Scholars of Tomorrow.
    Where can I find information on the RMHC scholarship program for those young Americans who are of the Caucasian Race? I guess the RMHC/ Scholars of Tomorrow is open to everyone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Moving to other topics. Not about immigration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast