Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McKeon Introduces Amendments Requiring Members of Congress t

McKeon Introduces Amendments Requiring Members of Congress to Enroll in Public Option, Prohibiting Illegal Immigrants from Federal Coverage

Targeted News Service
    November 4, 2009
    WASHINGTON, D.C.

Rep. Buck McKeon, R-Calif. (25th CD), issued the following news release:

Rep. Howard P. "Buck" McKeon (R-Santa Clarita) introduced two major amendments today to the Democrats' health care plan, which includes a public option and moves towards a government takeover of health care.

"During a district town hall meeting I hosted in September on the Democrats' plan for a government takeover of health care, there were two issues that brought nearly all the 1200 people in the crowd to their feet. My constituents impressed upon me that they want Members of Congress to also be required to sign-up for the anticipated public option and that illegal immigrants should not be covered by the federal government.

I took those two issues directly to Washington and today introduced amendments that focus on both issues important to California 25."

AMENDMENT ONE

This amendment would require Members of Congress to enroll in the public health insurance option through the Health Insurance Exchange. The Member, Spouse, and any dependents would no longer be eligible for private health benefit plans.

AMENDMENT TWO

This amendment requires verification of citizenship or qualified alien status of any individual in order to be eligible to participate in the Medicaid and Medicare programs, or obtain coverage through the Health Insurance Exchange established under the Affordable Health Care for America Act.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 00&start=1

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!