Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Media Person Suggests Censorship of Blogs?

According to one blogger's interpretation of something Andrea Mitchell said.

http://www.evilconservativeonline.com/2 ... s-for.html

Friday, January 9, 2009
    NBC’s Andrea Mitchell Calls for Censorship of Blogs

Andrea Mitchell of NBC News gushed her way through an interview with Charlie Rose Wednesday night, virtually cuckolding Alan Greenspan and generally making the rest of us nauseous. The most important thing she said seemed to slip past the mainstream media like Sandy Berger out of an archive room. There were, of course, the standard media genuflections to Obama's wisdom, and his worldly experience, and his intelligence… he's so amazingly intelligent, after all.

First, the wife of our former Federal Reserve Chairman [Mitchell is married to Greenspan] has to tell us how thrilled she is with our current <strike>engineered</strike> fiscal crisis, and makes a spooky reference to the "opportunities" this presents.

ROSE: You have covered the Congress well. You have covered the White House well. You have covered foreign policy well. You are a part of the Washington community, saying -- rather than Washington establishment. Tell where your passion is these days? What is the story that turns you on the most?

MITCHELL: Well, I think with a lot of people, it is to see this new president. These are historic times in Washington, and you don't have to be a supporter or a critic to be fascinated, just as someone who is a journalist and a student of history, by what will this young president, African-American, with experience around the world, with a different set of experiences, and his team, and it is a meritocracy -- you're seeing an extraordinary group of very large figures coming into play here -- what are they going to do with all the challenges that they face? We have never in my lifetime faced economic crises such as these, and opportunities.

Other than the abject weirdness of Mrs. Federal Reserve being so giddy about the financial trainwreck engineered largely by Democrats and their social-engineering-as-lending-policy legislation, what opportunities is she referring to? The opportunity to nationalize wide swaths of our economy? I'm not saying our economy is being destroyed on purpose, but if it were, how would anyone's behavior be any different from what it has been over the last 90 days? Anyway, she goes on to talk about things more personally pressing to Evil Conservative, namely suggesting not-so-subtly that criticism of Obama should be squelched, and her passion for making that happen ASAP.

ROSE: And do you feel a sense of giving him the benefit of the doubt, or at least a period of a kind of honeymoon, which is a bad word, but an opportunity to show his best and see what he can do and a willingness to sort of hold your fire for a while?

MITCHELL: I think that there is a willingness on both sides of the aisle, certainly. I mean, journalists still have our responsibility to hold them to account.

ROSE: I don't mean by journalists. Obviously, I'm talking about Republicans.

MITCHELL: Yes, I think that the quote, 'loyal opposition', is partly looking at his extraordinary poll numbers. He is the most popular president coming in that we have seen in a generation. They're going to hold their fire for political reasons, and they`re going to hold their fire because something needs to be done, and the only way that this country can pull out of this mess is to have bipartisan action. And he is sending signals as well. He is talking about the kinds of tax cuts, business tax cuts that Republicans want to hear. So you heard some favorable things from Mitch McConnell. I think they realize that America wants to see results, and they don't want gridlock. So I think this is an extraordinary moment. I guess my passion is for something to happen to fix these problems, and for dialing down of all of the sharp criticism that we have on cable talk, on talk radio, from, you know, the –

ROSE: From left to right.

MITCHELL: – the blogosphere. I just wish that we could find something in the center that would be bipartisan and would be productive and constructive.

Presumably the last eight years of full-blown Bush Derangement Syndrome on the left didn't catch her attention, but she gets her panties in a wad over anyone ignoring Obama's "extraordinary poll numbers." If his poll numbers are that good why concern yourself with the small minority of fringe bloggers like yours truly. Because it doesn't matter to people like Andrea Mitchell of NBC News whether criticism of Obama is whispered or shouted, sung or written. To Andrea Mitchell it doesn't matter if there is one voice of dissent or a million. Because when you live a lie, the truth is an offense.

Who even cares about her opinion on TV. I think these TV personalities think too highly of themselves. Everyone gets their news on the internet and radio now.

She should get a job in a Communist country like China.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Who even cares about her opinion on TV. I think these TV personalities think too highly of themselves. Everyone gets their news on the internet and radio now.

She should get a job in a Communist country like China.

As she gets older and smaller, her head gets bigger.
    Anyone else notice that? I find her sickening and I change channels quickly.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris