Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mennonites Fear Impact of Ind. Immigration Bill

I think I can go ahead and die now. I've haeard it all now? Sheeesh

ELKHART, Ind. -- A contentious Arizona-styled immigration bill that would allow Indiana police to stop drivers if they have a reasonable suspicion that they're in the U.S. illegally is drawing opposition from the Mennonite Church USA.

Church leaders say the bill proposed by Republican Sen. Mike Delph of Carmel could lead to mistreatment of those whose first language isn't English and could turn police officers into immigration agents.

Goshen College President Jim Brenneman tells the Goshen News that the bill sends a signal that the state isn't welcoming to those from other countries at a time when it's trying to become more multicultural.

http://www.wlky.com/news/27180732/detail.html
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Church leaders say the bill proposed by Republican Sen. Mike Delph of Carmel could lead to mistreatment of those whose first language isn't English
    I am sure that the Mennonites are concerned for their Amish bretheren who speak their own dialect of some type of Old World German. Think of all of the harassment that could occur in all of the Amish communities around the state. There must be a problem with illegal alien Amishmen that I was not aware of.

Surely it would not be the business interests and the cheap labor that the Mennonites are concerned with?

A fiat dollar has a very corruptive power. At an imperceptable rate this errosive effect on morality seems to even effect the religious communities.

This is a sad state of affairs IF, the Mennonite community bows before Mammon for the interests of a dollar over the interests of law and order. JMO

I cannot help but to think that the writer of this article went out to the outhouse to find the most liberal Mennonite(s) in the community and twisted the information somehow to benefit the illegal cheap labor lobby in the state.