Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexican group wants city to pay for "cultural festival&

Forum, festival aims to illuminate Latino community

Organizers seek money from cityto pay for event

By MIKE VOSS

Contributing Editor

The Washington Human Relations Council supports a proposal to bring a forum and festival that focus on the area’s Latino community to Washington in October.

Representatives of the Association of Mexicans in North Carolina, a nonprofit group organizing the events, also plan to ask the city for money to help put on the events Oct. 17-18.

“The forum and festival will support Amexcan’s mission, providing both educational/academic (forum) and social (festival) opportunities to further cultural understanding between Latino- and non-Latino populations,â€

Tough. Put a pot at your hispanic businesses and have your people donate to the cause. When I lived in Florida we wouldn't have had a 4th of July celebration if it wasn't for donations and volunteer help. If a city in the US can't help fund that.....forget some ethnic festival.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

“They will advance appreciation and understanding of Latino cultures, values, and traditions
    Who cares? Frankly I know more than I ever wanted to know. It's not like the "Latino culture" is something brand spanking new that hasn't been known since this country was founded or not present within our culture already.

They act like they are some new lost tribe that's just been discovered.

How about concentrating on the American culture for a change......you're here now and understanding or not......not everyone is as enamoured about the "culture" as they are.

In their favor they atleast want share it......around here you aren't welcome to attend.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    hahahaha ...these people need to empty out the piggy banks... Federal / State / Local communities are broke because of these wacko's... go south of the border and stick out your hand for free beans and see what kind of answer you get

I have nothing against Latin culture or their food (although not when stuffed with hot habaneros or jalapenos). When I lived in Florida, one of the most popular annual events was the huge Greek Festival at their local church. Guess what--no government contributions, but with funds raised from the years before and contributions from church members. I think it is called BUDGETING.

Enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the Mexican culture. We've had way too much of that already.

MY mother's annual UKRANIAN festival raises its OWN money! SAME with the BRAZILIAN Dia da Independencia my Brazilian friend and I enjoy every September! Let these spoiled Hispanic culturalists do LIKWISE for THEIR celebrations!

If I'm not attending then I should not be FORCED to pay for it!! Do it on your own dime.

MY mother's annual UKRANIAN festival raises its OWN money! SAME with the BRAZILIAN Dia da Independencia my Brazilian friend and I enjoy every September! Let these spoiled Hispanic culturalists do LIKWISE for THEIR celebrations!
    Exactly......fund it yourself.....it's not the citys job to do it for you. Knock on LaRazas door......

"Another purpose of the event is to help REGISTER LATINO PEOPLE TO VOTE.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast