Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    What amazes me about this project is the incredibly low cost, compared to US projects. That's why I keep saying that Third World development can be done much cheaper than trying to accomodate an expanding population in the US.

Here is an example:

Locally our planners are wrangling about a 1.5 mile bridge and 3 mile light rail project. The cost: $4 billion.

Yet for $900 million (at last report) Mexico is building this 50 mile long project, with 63 tunnels and 32 bridges.
    That's because mexico doesn't have to contend with union labor.
    And the new bridges will give day labor guys a lot more places to stand around waiting under...

Being the pessimist I am, maybe the new highway will simply facilitate faster and more efficient distribution of drugs.
    It is unlikely to have a major impact either way the production area would just move further into the mountains.

Come to think of it the retail trade would expand to sell marijuana to the expanding number of tourists.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's a map of the states of Mexico. The state of Durango is number 5 on the map and the state it's being connected to is the coastal state of Sinoloa on the west coast of Mexico, shown as number 4 on the map. I'm sure there's already plenty of good roads headed North out of Durango and Sinoloa to the United States.
    That is right for Sinaloa Coastal but not right for Ciudad Durango to Parral, Chihuahua yet. The existing road between Ciudad Durango to Parral is better than the Ciudad Durango to Mazatlan.

BTW My grandfather a mining engineer spent 1918 in Parral.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12