Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Mexico evidently plans on taking away the port business from Los Angeles and Long Beach at the cost of more American jobs.

This would appear to be a step in the direction of the NAU and the NAFTA super highway.

Do we need more tainted and dangerous shipments of goods from China?

Do we need more opportunities and means for the drug cartels and human smugglers to smuggle drugs and illegal aliens into the U.S. in these shipping containers?
    I believe your exactly right AM! I worked for one of the shipping lines in the port of Long Beach for six years. Many of the large shipping companies are tired of all the headaches in dealing with the powerful and very expensive ILWU on he West Coast. Essentially, they control the flow of cargo here on the West Coast, especially when they stage a work slow down, or all together work stoppage as happened several years ago.

If they can reduce the amount of cargo coming thru LA, Oak, they can reduce conceivably, their dependence on union labor. The shipping lines can also use that port as bargaining chip when contract negotiations come around with union leaders.

The mexican trucks will be able to haul the cargo up from mexico and will be able to grab a load going south to load aboard outbound vessels in that port. Therefore, American truck drivers also have the potential to lose in this deal. It's no accident this particular port just happens to be only 150 miles from the border...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Many of the large shipping companies are tired of all the headaches in dealing with the powerful and very expensive ILWU on he West Coast. Essentially, they control the flow of cargo here on the West Coast, especially when they stage a work slow down, or all together work stoppage as happened several years ago.
    This is exactly why Mexico is building this port, West Coast Longshoremen start at $80k a year and go up to twice that. The "congestion" at LA Harbor is on the freeways leading out of the port, those could be upgraded for less than building a new port in Mexico. But Mexican longshoremen work a lot cheaper.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Despite the immigration control and reduction movement being riddled with neo-mercs I am informed enough to realize this port project and expansion of Mazatlan, Manzanillo Los Mochis and Puerto Diaz Ordaz is a good thing. If we want the illegal aliens to leave and more not to come here and to work in their country instead Mexico needs economic expansion of this kind.
    I HAVE TO DISAGREE. THIS WILL TAKE PORT JOBS AWAY FROM AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THIS COUNTRY. ALSO IT MIGHT TAKE JOBS FROM AMERICAN TRUCK DRIVERS AS WELL, IF MEXICAN TRUCKS ARE ALLOWED TO BRING THIS STUFF UP HERE.

I SAY NO TO THIS. IT REALLY IS NOT OUR PROBLEM TO SUPPLY JOBS FOR MEXICAN CITIZENS. IT IS OUR PROBLEM TO SUPPLY JOBS TO AMERICAN CITIZENS.

WE HAVE TO BUY AMERICAN TO THWART THIS DEAL. IF WE DONT BUY IT THEY WONT SHIP IT.

AND JUST BECAUSE MEXICANS HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING JOBS IN MEXICO, DOES NOT MEAN WE HAVE TO LET THEM COME UP HERE.

BUILD THE WALL AND ENFORCE THE LAW. MEXICO WILL HAVE TO FIND ITS OWN WAY OUT OF THE MESS IT IS IN. WE HAVE OUR OWN PROBLEMS AND CITIZENS TO WORRY ABOUT.
    I agree. It will take jobs away from Amercans. I wouldnt be surprised if most of the traitor politicians have already sunk some investments into Mexicos project. This port the Mexicans plan to build would just bring in more seedy lowlife individuals than ever. It will be owned and run by drug cartels. We dont need anymore China crap. BUY AMERICAN!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12