Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Mexico President: We Will Help Migrants in U.S.

Mexico President: We Will Help Migrants in U.S.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:48 AM

LOS ANGELES -- In the most Mexican of the big U.S. cities, Mexican President Felipe Calderon told his compatriots in Los Angeles late on Wednesday he would give them more support in the United States while improving conditions back home to stem the flow of migrants to the north.

"We will work in both countries. I want us to begin a new era in the relations between our government and the Mexican migrants," Calderon said in a packed ballroom on the final leg of his five-city tour to the United States.

Seeking to address historic complaints that the Mexican government failed to help its millions of citizens working in the United States, Calderon said the Mexican consulate in Los Angeles will soon open seven days a week to meet demand for documents and support in legal and labor problems.

The population of Los Angeles is about half Hispanic with Mexicans accounting for the vast majority of Hispanics. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, whose father was a Mexican immigrant, symbolizes the growing political influence of the community.

Calderon made the difficulties of Mexican immigrants in the United States a cornerstone of his maiden trip to the country as Mexican president. His visit comes in the midst of a U.S. presidential campaign in which illegal immigration is one of the most contentious issues.

Earlier Wednesday, Calderon urged California lawmakers to help his government address illegal immigration in a way that will benefit his country and the United States.

'DON'T GIVE UP'

California is home to about a quarter of the estimated 12 million immigrants working illegally in the United States, whose hopes of obtaining legal status were dashed last year by Congress' failure to overhaul immigration laws.

"The prosperity and economic growth of the United States would not be possible without the Mexican labor force," Calderon told the Los Angeles crowd.

Calderon criticized U.S. media organizations, which he did not name, that have fueled anti-immigrant and anti-Mexican sentiment and reported that Mexico's government wants to promote and increase migration to the United States.

"We need to generate the conditions for work, opportunity and a dignified life so that these people never, ever have to leave," Calderon said. "We don't want to be a country that expels its people.

Luz Diaz, a 42-year-old nurse who came to the United States at age 4 and has dual nationality, said she was encouraged by Calderon's dedication to making Mexico's economy competitive.

"I loved his plans for a better Mexico," Diaz said. "This is my country but his speech made me miss my culture very much."

Calderon struck a final note of emotion and defiance, encouraging Mexicans to persevere in the United States.

"In Mexico, we miss you and think about you a lot," Calderon said. "You work hard for this country and help Mexico at the same time. Don't give up." (Editing by Bill Trott)

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/Mexico ... 72680.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm sorry, but we need to get this into the hands of our friends in DC...Tom Tancredo, Jeff Sessions, and the others, with Calderon's statements highlighted.

If these remarks of Calderon's do not make clear his attempt to subvert our government, then I don't know what does.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"The prosperity and economic growth of the United States would not be possible without the Mexican labor force," Calderon told the Los Angeles crowd.
    Hey Calderon,
    America was more prosperous before we were flooded with your people! Thats a simple deduction of the facts and if it were soooo great, wouldn't Americans LOVE to have amnesty? So why are your having trouble getting that amnesty passed...i wonder if its because its bad for Americans and because it totally sucks!
    Guess who did it all before the 35 million illegals came in? Americans!

Just goes to show your another rich politicians that doesn't know what he's talking about, if you did, you'd know your cheap exports (people) have sucked the life out of most of our people. Go back home and stick your head back in the sand.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!