Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combine

FEB 21, 2018 @ 09:20 AM

Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined

Gary Stoller ,

With beautiful beaches, stunning landscapes, historic ruins and a myriad of business opportunities, Mexico has so much to offer American vacationers and business travelers. Millions of Americans visit the country annually without incident, but, if you heed the most recent government warnings and data, you may want to think twice about heading south of the border.

A police officer stands guard after a shooting victim was brought to a hospital in Cancun, Mexico, last July. Drug traffickers brought violence to spring-break meccas, shooting up nightclubs and leaving bodies in suitcases outside exclusive condos. {Photographer: Brett Gundlock/Bloomberg)

Advisories released last month by the U.S. State Department tell Americans not to set foot in five Mexican states — Sinaloa, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero and Tamaulipas — because of violent crime. Traveling to those states is as dangerous, according to the State Department's safety ratings, as traveling to Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq. And Americans with plans to go to 11 other Mexican states should “reconsider,” the agency says.

Most recent State Department data may also cause travelers to pause before booking a trip to Mexico. In 2016, according to my analysis of the data, more Americans were reported killed by homicide in Mexico than the combined total of Americans killed by homicide in every other country abroad.

More than 31 million Americans visited Mexico in 2016, the National Travel & Tourism Office says, and State Department data shows there were reports of 75 American homicide victims there. In comparison, 49 million Americans traveled to all other foreign countries, and 69 were reported killed by homicide.

Of the five Mexican states that the State Department tells Americans not to visit, one, Tamaulipas, borders the USA. It shares a 230-mile border with Texas, and murder, armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, extortion and sexual assault commonly occur, the State Department says.

“Gang activity, including gun battles, is widespread," the agency says. "Armed criminal groups target public and private passenger buses traveling through Tamaulipas, often taking passengers hostage and demanding ransom payments.”

Four of the 11 Mexican states that the State Department says Americans should "reconsider" traveling to — Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon and Sonora — border the USA. The other seven are Estado de Mexico, Jalisco, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi and Zacatecas.

U.S. government employees are not permitted to drive from the U.S.-Mexico border to "the interior parts of Mexico with the exception of daytime travel on Highway 15 between Nogales and Hermosillo," the State Department says.

The agency's advisories add up to a no-go warning for more than half of Mexico’s 31 states. The country’s remaining 15 states and its capital city, Mexico City, also have a lesser warning: “Exercise increased caution.”

Such increased caution is advised in Quintana Roo state which includes popular tourist areas Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Tulum and the Riviera Maya. Mexican government statistics show an increase in homicide rates in the state last year, the State Department says.

"While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens," the agency says. "Shooting incidents injuring or killing bystanders have occurred."

The Australian government also expresses concern about the safety of areas frequented by vacationers.

"Violent crime, including murder, armed robbery, sexual assault and kidnapping, occurs in Mexico, including in popular tourist destinations and beach resorts, and the risks increase after dark," the Australian government says. "Petty crime, such as pickpocketing and bag snatching, is prevalent in tourist destinations, airports, hotels, bus stations and on public transport."

The Australian government says there have been reports of sexual assault, extortion and robbery "being committed by individuals presenting themselves as police officers, sometimes driving automobiles resembling police vehicles."

Kidnappings are common, and there have been allegations of complicity by police officers," the Australian government says. "Be cautious and discreet about discussing your financial or business affairs."

The Canadian government says hotel employees, taxi drivers and security personnel "at popular tourist destinations" have physically or sexually assaulted foreigners. Be wary of beverages and snacks offered by taxi drivers, strangers or new acquaintances, because they "may contain drugs that could put you at risk of sexual assault and robbery," the government advises.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/garysto.../#3a6252b1de37

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RV's go down there and they steal their motorhome and tow vehicle...and leave these people in the middle of the road with nothing.

The local RV park on the ocean a lady was in her RV shower with the door open, screen door shut...but two local teens went in and grabbed her purse and whatever they could take.

It was just reported on the RV forum that a bus group pulled over to see something, the driver left the door of the bus open and two teens went in and stole their purses and laptops.

The Pemex gas station rips you off for gas...you have to watch the meter and the charges.

I have been down to Tijuana, Popotla, Ensenada and flew down to Puerto Vallarta...many years ago.

I would not go down there if it was free and all expenses paid. And I surely would not go down there with over $100,000 dollar rig of truck and trailer.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

If you value your life, stay away from mexico and all central american countries. The sun, beaches are inviting but the people are not - you have to be very aware of possible situations there. Some people go for cheaper medical treatments but....to each his own.

Most Americans killed in Mexico are Mexican/Americans down there visiting relatives in poor areas of Mexico or down there for criminal activities like drug smuggling or human smuggling.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mexico is a criminal state.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Used to love to go to Cozumel by myself for vacation, opted for another place this year as I did not feel safe going there with all of the murders and crime in Playa Del Carmen which is a ferry ride away from the island. All of the news I have read about violence in Cancun, Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen against tourists have put me off of Mexico as there were no other places I would go there. Do not see the situation getting any better in the future either.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338 View Post
    Used to love to go to Cozumel by myself for vacation, opted for another place this year as I did not feel safe going there with all of the murders and crime in Playa Del Carmen which is a ferry ride away from the island. All of the news I have read about violence in Cancun, Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen against tourists have put me off of Mexico as there were no other places I would go there. Do not see the situation getting any better in the future either.
    Sounds like you made a good choice.

https://www.alipac.us/f19/undetonate...ozumel-356451/

Used to love to go to Cozumel by myself for vacation, opted for another place this year as I did not feel safe going there with all of the murders and crime in Playa Del Carmen which is a ferry ride away from the island.
    In a perfect world we would have a neighboring country's population to be DECENT HUMAN BEINGS- THEY ARE NOT!
    (in fact, we have absorbed/employed/allowed anchor babying by much of their overpopulation against our will).
    Last edited by artist; 03-06-2018 at 01:17 AM.

We wouldn't even want it in a perfect world, artist. Some other country's overpopulation problem is not our problem, so it is not our responsibility. After all, we already have our own overpopulation problem.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

We used to be a "Nation of Immigrants"...now we are the "World's Garbage Disposal"

Put a 10 year mortorium on ALL immigration.

People had to go through Ellis Island, have a sponsor or support themselves, learn English, have no diseases or they were sent back.

Now we have millions coming here, have too many kids they cannot feed, and live of the backs of US taxpayers

They bring their hate, violence, rape, gangs, drugs, murder and destroy our neighborhoods with their garbage and grafitti.

Now they riot in our streets demanding WE owe them citizenship!

Deport them all.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL