Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mick Mulvaney to replace John Kelly as chief of staff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mick Mulvaney to replace John Kelly as chief of staff

Mick Mulvaney to replace John Kelly as 'acting' chief of staff, Trump says

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

OMB Director Mulvaney on time frame for cutting spending

OMB director goes on 'The Story' to address dealing with the deficit and budget cuts.

President Trump on Friday named White House budget director Mick Mulvaney as his new “acting” chief of staff, saying the former South Carolina Republican congressman will replace John Kelly as his top aide.

“I am pleased to announce that Mick Mulvaney, Director of the Office of Management & Budget, will be named Acting White House Chief of Staff, replacing General John Kelly, who has served our Country with distinction,” Trump tweeted. “Mick has done an outstanding job while in the Administration. I look forward to working with him in this new capacity as we continue to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I am pleased to announce that Mick Mulvaney, Director of the Office of Management & Budget, will be named Acting White House Chief of Staff, replacing General John Kelly, who has served our Country with distinction. Mick has done an outstanding job while in the Administration....

2:18 PM - Dec 14, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

6,852 people are talking about this

The president said Kelly, who recently announced plans to leave the White House, will stay through 2018.

“John will be staying until the end of the year,” Trump tweeted. “He is a GREAT PATRIOT and I want to personally thank him for his service!”

The president did not say whether Mulvaney will remain as director of the Office of Management and Budget. He also did not detail how long Mulvaney will serve in an “acting” capacity.

Earlier Friday, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie withdrew from consideration to serve as chief of staff.

“It’s an honor to have the president consider me as he looks to choose a new White House chief of staff,” Christie said in a statement. “However, I’ve told the president that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment. As a result, I have asked him to no longer keep me in any of his considerations for this post.”

Before announcing Mulvaney, Trump seemed to struggle to get several contenders to commit to the job: Vice President Pence's chief of staff, Nick Ayers, had been originally thought to be a top choice for the president, but he withdrew from consideration.

In an interview with Fox News' Harris Faulkner on "Outnumbered Overtime" on Thursday, the president discussed his search for Kelly's replacement and said he wants “somebody that's strong but I want somebody that thinks like I do.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...aff-trump-says

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 12-14-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh good, I like him. He'll do a good job. Hope he likes it once he gets there and will stay for 6 more years!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Before announcing Mulvaney, Trump seemed to struggle to get several contenders to commit to the job
    Hmm, I wonder why that is? Of course many of us already know the answer to that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They can't keep up with him. The Chief of Staff has to keep pace with the President. Most people can't work that hard under the kind of pressure this President has to work under to keep up with him. I appreciate Mick Mulvaney agreeing to do it at least for awhile, and I hope it gets easier for everyone working in this White House.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!! I think Mick realizes he was reading the wrong newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh good, I like him. He'll do a good job. Hope he likes it once he gets there and will stay for 6 more years!!
    Mick Mulvaney in 2015: Trump's views on border wall 'simplistic,' 'absurd and almost childish'

By Andrew Kaczynski
    Updated 4:58 PM ET, Fri December 21, 2018

(CNN)Incoming White House acting-chief of staff Mick Mulvaney once called President Donald Trump's views on a border wall and immigration "simplistic" and "absurd and almost childish."

A physical barrier would not stop undocumented immigrants from crossing the Mexican border and ranchers at the border say they don't need a fence, Mulvaney said in a 2015 interview uncovered by KFile.

As Trump's man in charge at the White House, however, Mulvaney would be tasked with leading the administration's push to build a wall along the US-Mexico border.

"Donald Trump says, build a wall. Deport all illegal immigrants. Rules are rules. You either play and stay or you cheat and you get deported. What challenges does this plan pose?" Patti Mercer asked in the August 25, 2015, interview on WRHI radio in South Carolina.

"A bunch," Mulvaney responded.

"The fence doesn't solve the problem. Is it necessary to have one, sure? Would it help? Sure. But to just say build the darn fence and have that be the end of an immigration discussion is absurd and almost childish for someone running for president to take that simplistic of [a] view," Mulvaney added, without making a distinction between a fence or wall.

KFile uncovered the comments as a government shutdown looms over funding for Trump's border wall. "Shutdown today if Democrats do not vote for Border Security!" Trump tweeted Friday.

A spokeswoman for Mulvaney, nor the White House returned a request for comment.

Mulvaney emphasized that the best way to protect the border is to enforce current law with more manpower and improved technology -- a policy the Trump White House is also pursuing.

"And by the way, the bottom line is the fence doesn't stop anybody who really wants to get across," Mulvaney said in the 2015 interview. "You go under, you go around, you go through it. And that's what the ranchers tell us, is that they don't need a fence. What they need is more manpower, and more technology, and more willingness to enforce the law as it exists today. There are parts of our border that are secure and parts of our border that are not. A lot of that comes down to whether or not we are just willing to enforce the law as it exists. So it's easy to tell people what they want to hear, 'build the darn fence, vote for me.'"

The instance is another example of Mulvaney attacking Trump during the presidential campaign. It comes as he is taking over as acting chief of staff, replacing Gen. John Kelly.

Last Friday,
    The Daily Beast reported that as a congressman, Mulvaney said Trump was "a terrible human being" during a November 2016 congressional debate. CNN's KFile reported on Monday that Mulvaney said in October 2016 Trump would be disqualified from office in an "ordinary universe."

In both instances, Mulvaney said he was still supporting Trump over Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Earlier in the interview, Mulvaney said his views on immigration were shaped by talking to Texas ranchers.

"The fence is an easy thing to sell politically," Mulvaney said. "It's an easy thing for someone who doesn't follow the issue very closely to say, 'oh, well that'll just solve everything, build the fence.' When you go out and you talked to the Texas ranchers. Which I've done, [Rep.] Jeff Duncan has done, and ask them -- these are the guys dealing with it every single day."

"Because we have a fence there," the interview said. "And they're building tunnels."

"Yeah we have a fence, Mulvaney responded. "That's exactly the point."

Mulvaney added he believed Trump's emotional appeals and cavalier attitude might prompt him to try going around the Constitution.

"I wonder who is more interested in going around the Constitution in order to get things done. Barack Obama or Donald Trump," Mulvaney said.

"It's easy to tell people what they want to hear. It's easy to appeal to people's emotions," Mulvaney added. "I'm angry. I get it. I mean, believe me, I'm as angry as anybody on this. I do this for living. I have to deal with this administration every single day. It's extraordinarily frustrating. I feel that anger because I live with it and I talk to people about it."

"That's what I do when I come home, and that's people are angry," he continued. "And I get it because I'm as angry as they are, but just to appeal to somebody's emotion and say, vote for me because I'm as angry as you are, doesn't really solve the problem. It might make you feel better in terms of having voting with somebody who sympathizes with you, but it doesn't really solve the problem and that's what I'm interested in trying to do is, how do you solve the problems and winning elections is part of solving the problems."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/polit...015/index.html

NO AMNESTY

Replace an "open borders' with another "open borders" type.

Donald Trump picks pro-amnesty Mick Mulvaney to chair OMB

Posted Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 10:18 pm ·

Donald Trump has picked Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R - South Carolina) to chair the Office of Management and Budget (link).
    Mulvaney is a budget hawk associated with the Tea Parties movement, and a founder of the House Freedom Caucus.

And, like many of Trump's other associates, Mulvaney is also a big fan of a massive amnesty for illegal aliens. Back in 2013, Mulvaney supported Rand Paul's plan to legalize millions of illegal aliens. Rand Paul's plan also included a massive guest workers scheme, and all of that would have had highly negative impacts on precisely the types of people who voted for Donald Trump.

The video below - from PBS in 2015 but perhaps using footage from earlier - shows Mulvaney acting as as an illegal immigration and amnesty promoter, scaremongering the Hispanic vote and engaging in the far-left practice of dividing people into groups in order to promote amnesty. And, not telling the truth: he discusses someone sending him a cantaloupe as if it was delivered from an average citizen. In fact, pro-amnesty, pro-cheap labor groups like Americas Voice, United We Dream, and United Farm Workers organized efforts to deliver cantaloupes to Congress [1].

From the Breitbart News post "PBS Documentary: House Freedom Caucus Founder Was Key to Paul Ryan, Luis Gutierrez Open Borders Effort" (Oct 26 2015, [2])
    the PBS documentary reveals that one of the founding members of the House Freedom Caucus, Mick Mulvaney, embraces an even more progressive immigration agenda than Cantor himself.
    The documentary, which aired on October 20, casts Mulvaney at the center of the La Raza-backed 2013 and 2014 immigration push, alongside Paul Ryan and Luis Gutierrez. As PBS writes on its website, the documentary is “a fly-on-the-wall look at the high-stakes effort to broker a deal [on immigration] in Congress–an effort led by Rep. Luis Gutierrez.” The site continues, “In addition to Gutierrez … we meet Mick Mulvaney (R-SC)–a Tea Party member who communicates with his Spanish-speaking constituents in their own language, and who chastises members of his party” for opposing mass amnesty.
    This helps explain why, after Ryan announced his candidacy for Speaker, Mulvaney and Gutierrez were among those who most aggressively boosted Ryan in the media.
    Mulvaney was also featured in "G.O.P. Congressman in South Carolina Takes a Risk With a Foray Into Immigration" by Julia Preston of the New York Times [3]:
    Mr. Mulvaney convened a town-hall meeting in this country town on the troublesome issue of immigration, with an audience of Latinos. He held forth for an hour, parsing policy and answering questions about the prospects for immigration legislation in the House — entirely in Spanish…making the most of the Spanish skills he acquired years ago in college…
    “I am more than willing to have a discussion about allowing at least part of the 11 million people here illegally to have some type of status,” he said. “I’m just disappointed that more people in my party don’t want to do that.”
    How many more pro-amnesty hacks does Trump have to choose and how many more pro-amnesty things does Trump have to say before his fans stop treating him like Bieber and start demanding that he puts USA first?
    ------------

Rep. Mick Mulvaney Chastises Fellow Republicans on Immigration | Immigration Battle | FRONTLINE

Video at link....

https://24ahead.com/donald-trump-pic...aney-chair-omb
    Last edited by stoptheinvaders; 12-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything