Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Micron employees now have to buy their own tissues

Micron employees now have to buy their own tissues ( Only in Idaho)

Micron employees weeping over the company's losses and layoffs now have to pay for their own tissues.

An internal Micron e-mail obtained by the Idaho Statesman says the company will no longer buy facial tissues for employee use at the Boise plant.

"Departments are encouraged not to individually order, purchase or charge cost centers with facial tissue for their areas," the Nov. 18 memo says.

The memo said Micron has purchased 33,600 boxes of facial tissue annually and expects to save $17,300 from the action. Probably could have gotten that out of an hour of CEO pay!
    Micron has lost money for seven straight quarters and has announced layoffs of about 2,600 Boise workers in the past year and a half. Last month the company told workers to take 12 days off from Dec. 22 through Jan. 2 to save money in response to market conditions, including low prices for computer memory and a post-holiday slump.

The company did not return a call seeking comment.

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Micron CEO slashes pay to $8.6 million
    By Jordan Golson, 5:47 PM on Tue Nov 6 2007, 204 views
    Micron, a memory-chip manufacturer, had a bad year. The company lost millions of dollars and laid off over 1,000 employees. Because of this, CEO Steve Appleton turned down his yearly bonus. Extraordinary? Perhaps. We suspect he'll do alright. He made $8.6 million from his base pay, stock awards and retirement package. That would be plenty of money to live comfortably in Silicon Valley — and it's a fortune in Idaho, where Micron is headquartered.

Read More: jackpot, micron, steve appleton
    http://valleywag.com/tech/jackpot/micro ... 319731.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hmmm...does the company still supply them with toilet paper? Cheap SOBs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I worked at a large company that had a manufacturing plant on the same company campus as there high rise World wide corporate headquarters.

My work took me to both buildings, a much softer plusher toilet tissue is used in Corporate. Bottled water, free soft drinks and snacks Crispy Cream Donuts at the beverage centers etc. Who said life was fair?

Only proves when you sit on your butt all day can't afford to get it sore

Only from Jimpasz
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    I worked at a large company that had a manufacturing plant on the same company campus as there high rise World wide corporate headquarters.

My work took me to both buildings, a much softer plusher toilet tissue is used in Corporate. Bottled water, free soft drinks and snacks Crispy Cream Donuts at the beverage centers etc. Who said life was fair?

Do you think corporate is hiring JP? Sounds like a pretty good place to sit on your...I mean work!

We've had this in effect for a couple of years now. Ever since the last downturn.

Do you think corporate is hiring JP? Sounds like a pretty good place to sit on your...I mean work!
    Things are slow they are havlng "Piles" of problems

Well then lets be glad they don't have to depend on the Kleenex

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

Well then lets be glad they don't have to depend on the Kleenex
    Soon they may need Donuts larger then what they now get from Crispy Cream

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast