Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Microsoft to axe 5,000, no job cuts in India

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 018523.cms

22 Jan 2009, 2156 hrs IST, PTI

NEW YORK: Starting with 1,400 job cuts, software giant Microsoft will slash 5,000 jobs over the next 18 months.

"Microsoft will eliminate up to 5,000 jobs in R&D, HR, marketing, sales, finance, legal, and IT over the next 18 months, including 1,400 jobs today," the company said in a statement.

The layoff, however, would not be impacting the Indian operations. "It's not going to impact us. No job cuts in India," a Microsoft India spokesperson said in New Delhi.

In light of further deterioration of global economic conditions, extra measures to manage costs are being taken, including the reduction of head-count-related expenses, vendors and contingent staff, facilities, capital expenditures and marketing, the company, which posted a 11 per cent decline in profit for the second quarter, added in the statement.

Microsoft's net profit declined 11 per cent to $4.17bn for the quarter ended December 31, 2008. It had a net profit of $4.71bn in the year-ago period.

The company has posted revenues to the tune of $16.63bn for the second quarter. The entity's revenues stood at $16.37bn in the corresponding period a year ago.

cheap labor and people who really dont understand english all that well in the first place.

way to go bill gates, you got what you wanted, you cheap labor w***e

Wasn't it not long ago he said he couldn't find enough people in America to do jobs and was trying to influence Congress to allow him to bring in my foreign help? Now he has too many and has to lay them off? The American people are not as dumb as you think Mr. Gates.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Wasn't it not long ago he said he couldn't find enough people in America to do jobs and was trying to influence Congress to allow him to bring in my foreign help? Now he has too many and has to lay them off? The American people are not as dumb as you think Mr. Gates.
    Bill Gates is taking advantage of the transition from one president to another to ramrod his agenda.

Look forward to other corporate heavyweights to do the same. We should be expecting quite a huge news week as it turns out that Obama is just like George Bush when it comes to illegal aliens and offshoring/throwing Americans out of work. Not the "stimulus" that we need, but in their eyes, the "stimulus" that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    yeah that would mean having to pay an american living wage, and
    they dont want to do that when they see india as working for 20 thousand dollars less in a years time.

Quote Originally Posted by millere

Bill Gates is taking advantage of the transition from one president to another to ramrod his agenda.

Look forward to other corporate heavyweights to do the same. We should be expecting quite a huge news week as it turns out that Obama is just like George Bush when it comes to illegal aliens and offshoring/throwing Americans out of work. Not the "stimulus" that we need, but in their eyes, the "stimulus" that they want.
    How long do you think it will be before Microsoft is begging Congress for a bailout?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Thats the great American corporate way folks...look out for the slave labor around the world and screw the American workers...they are working towards all of America working for $4 an hour like the Indians and Pakistanis...the NWO goal: everyone in America working for table scraps while the elite like St. Barack and his cronies become trillionaires...if you dont like it , tough...revolution is the only way to get this country back to what it was...a safe and decent place to live...fight now or starve to death for the elite...

Like turning your back on the people and the system that has made richer then anyone can imagine. American people have made these corporations and now we are getting screwed because more money isn't enough money to these greedy SOB's
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Just browsing through the net I found something interesting. I was looking up gangs of AMERICA and found this:

http://www.gangsofamerica.com/1.html
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Economic treason. Bill Gates, you are scum.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast