Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Middle Georgia Truckers Strike

Middle Georgia Truckers Strike

Over 85% of all manufactured freight in Georgia is moved by trucks. Everything from wood to toothpaste travels from manufacturers to your local stores thanks to the owners and operators of trucking companies like Greg Hobert, owner of Hobert Trucking. All of that may change, however, since Greg and his fellow owner/operators are now on strike.

Greg emphasizes, "I'm here because of these fuel prices, they're just outrageous, ridiculous...it's to the point where my fuel prices are more than my profit. That way, I'm working backwards. I mean, if I can't take home nothing, then what's the point of working?"

Cary Mullis, owner of CME Trucking, explains, "We used to run 5 trucks, we're only currently running three. We've had to lay 2 employees off. It's hurting everybody."

Melvin Colbert, an Owner/Operator, says, "We've got fuel prices at $4.00/gallon, and we're spending over a $1,000 a week in fuel just trying to make a living."

Approximately 30 men and women brought their trucks to Thomaston Monday for a strike they hope will spread nationally. They say 2-3 days without trucks will force U.S. politicians to take their cause seriously.

Cary adds, "It's hurting the whole economy. So, one way or another, we've either got to raise freight rates or drop fuel prices."

The protesters gathered Monday say they will continue the strike until either the government steps in, or gas prices decline on their own. They say that financially it doesn't matter whether they work or strike, because either way, they're still not bringing home a profit.

Greg sighs, "I mean, I don't want to, I've got a family to feed, but if I'm doing nothing, I'm making the same thing as if I'm working right now. Nothing. I leave home broke and come home broke."

Alison Morrow, FOX 24 News.

http://www.fox24.com/article.asp?pkid=11489
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This may sound awful to some out there...But I hope EVERY TRUCK in the Country STOPS!
    Just pull over in front of a State Capital or The DC Capital. The ELITIST in Washington DO NOT HAVE A CLUE! They're RICH, WHY WOULD THEY CARE? Maybe a Nation wide Truckers Strike will START the IGNORANT ELITIST Politicians thinking that there is a PROBLEM...
    God Bless ALL THE AMERICAN TRUCKERS, my thoughts & prayers are going to you.
    AS FOR THE MEXICAN TRUCKERS... This TOMTOM says SOUTH is OPPOSITE NORTH...Simple huh?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

God Bless . This is nothing but good . The Elites and Greed have taken everything . Time to take it back imo . I wish the Truckers a cross the Nation had the stones to back these 30 up and strike also. Cause they ain't making eating money , let lone a house payment
    PARK them Trucks boys
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*