Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

From Mike Rowe. RIP Phil Harris

I hope you guys like Deadliest Catch like me. Captain Phil is the one I idolized. It was really sad for me to hear of Phil's passing. He might have smoked too many cigarettes, and drank too much caffeine, but such is the life of a Captain doing one of the world's most dangerous jobs. The next time you eat crab, remember Phil. From Mike Rowe's blog:

Captain Phil

A few years ago I was in Seattle, preparing to film the first round of After the Catch. For those of you unfamiliar with the program, After the Catch is a talk show in a bar, where The Captains and crew from Deadliest Catch gather to chat about this and that. I impersonate a moderator, and do my best to keep things on the rails. (Think Charlie Rose with cigarettes and whiskey.)
    Anyway, on that first day of shooting, I arrived a few hours before filming began, and observed the kind of chaos that one can only find around a TV production. We were going to be shooting in a style called “Live to Tape,â€
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

One absolutely has to appreciate the people who do not have an ounce of duplicity in them, look you in the eye and tell you what they think. It is sad that there are fewer and fewer of them left, as it seems not to be real PC these days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)