Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Millions Spent on Small Border Stations Justified

Oct 30, 2:23 PM EDT

Millions spent on small border stations justified

By EILEEN SULLIVAN
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An internal Obama administration review supports its rationale for upgrading little-used border checkpoints rather than the busiest crossings.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano ordered the review out of concerns that too much economic recovery money was being spent on small northern border crossings, while larger facilities that see more traffic were passed over.

An independent panel she named found that the priority-setting was practical, thoughtful, thorough and transparent. It noted that the agency's priorities for spending in this area were largely spelled out in the stimulus law and that included significant expenditures on small border checkpoints that weren't among the most-used crossings.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... TE=DEFAULT
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just wonder what an external review would find.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ive seen reports in the media about some of these small places. they look just fine to me and in one place they talked to the person in question and he said he doesnt need anything yet is getting like 3-5 million dollars to update his checkpoint in a barren part of Montana, i think it was

I read that Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester (both D-MT) are primary "movers and shakers" behind getting federal stimultus money to Montana and their region - evidently even if it involves building things which don't need to be built.