Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Money Tainting the Plasma Supply?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/busin ... &th&emc=th
    [quote]Is Money Tainting the Plasma Supply?

Published: December 5, 2009
    Eagle Pass, Tex.

Michael Stravato for The New York Times
    Esmeralda Delgado of Piedras Negras, Mexico, earns money by giving plasma in Texas. Plasma collected across the United States is used to make expensive medical treatments. More Photos »

Michael Stravato for The New York Times
    Patricia Hernandez, left, and Alejandra Baca donate plasma twice a week in Eagle Pass, Tex., a border town with 22,000 people and two plasma collection centers. More Photos >
    WHEN the tips her husband earned as a waiter began dwindling a year ago, Esmeralda Delgado decided to help support her family.

Twice a week, Ms. Delgado, the mother of three young girls, walks across the bridge from Piedras Negras, Mexico, where she lives, to Eagle Pass and enters a building just two blocks from the border.

Inside, for about an hour, Ms. Delgado lies hooked to a machine that extracts plasma, the liquid part of the blood, from a vein in her arm. The $60 a week she is paid almost equals her husband’s earnings.

“This is like another income,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Cerberus is bad news. They are the ones that brought Chrysler down, and they seem to have their fingers on everything.
    Interesting read from Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus_C ... Management
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)