Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mother Charged With Child Abuse, Torture

Okay, I just called the police department, where I was transferred to the detective handing the case. He was VERY nice and cooperative. I inqired about her immigration status. He said that it looks suspicious because the husband "Randy" was prosecuted in 2003 for ID theft. Since they don't cooperate with immigration, he was given a minor sentence of probation. They still don't know his REAL name. He couldn't come out and SAY she is illegal becuase it is still an open case, but he said she is "suspicious". I thanked him and he actually wished me luck on reporting immigration violations. Sound like he is tired of illegals, but he can't do anything about it.

HAMTRAMCK, Mich. - A metro Detroit mother of five was charged with child abuse and torture Wednesday after she called the police on herself.

Reyna Valentina, of Hamtramck, is accused of putting her 4-year-old daughter inside a heated oven and burning her eyes with a metal object.

"She stated that, 'Mom cooks me like a turkey in the oven," said Hamtramck police Detective Ben Bilecki. "The youngest daughter also said, 'Mama gave me the boo boos in my eyes.'"

Story continues below ↓
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    advertisement | your ad here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 40-year-old mother is also accused of beating her 6-year-old with a metal bar.

Valentina has been charged with two counts of first-degree child abuse and two counts of torture.

Valentina's children are ages 9 months old, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years and 9 years old.

"All of the kids are terrified of their mother, the defendant in this case. They do not want to go back to her," Bilecki said.

Valentina's husband, Randy, said his wife is a good mother but is suffering from mental illness.

"Reyna is a fantastic mother. She's a very loving mother. She has a mental illness that she's dealt with for 20 plus years since she was a child," he said. "The things that she has done are only when she's off medication. When she's ill, those things present themselves."

Randy said that when his wife is on medication and keeps up with her therapy, "She's perfect."

The children have been taken into protective custody.

Officials told Local 4 the children have been removed before.

If convicted, Valentina could spend the rest of her life in prison. Her preliminary exam is set for Feb. 12.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29021639/
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

working4change
    Please join in at the link below. Call your senators.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-145317.html

Randy said that when his wife is on medication and keeps up with her therapy, "She's perfect."

The problem is she's not when she's off them. Can you imagine.....mommy bakes me like a turkey? These poor kids need to be in a stable home or lord knows what they'll grow up like.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

moving to other news till we find status
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)