Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Murdoch fallout spreads: Dow Jones CEO Les Hinton resigns

Murdoch fallout spreads: Dow Jones CEO Les Hinton resigns

Raw Story
    By Stephen C. Webster

Les Hinton, the chief operating officer of Dow Jones, which publishes The Wall Street Journal, is resigning, the newspaper's website said late Friday.

Word of Hinton's resignation comes amid an unprecedented wave of scandals that has rocked News Corporation's British newspaper holdings, forcing the resignation of News International CEO Rebekah Brooks earlier this morning.

Hinton is the former chief of News International, which oversees global media mogul Rupert Murdoch's British newspapers.

As one of Murdoch's top deputies for over 50 years, Hinton oversaw the News Corp. subsidiary while a number of its papers were allegedly engaging in phone hacking and bribery, targeting British officials, celebrities, terrorist attack victims, the families of dead soldiers and others.

He's on record as claiming just one of the company's journalists was responsible for the phone hacking, which he allegedly determined after an internal investigation.

"Let me emphasize one point - News Corporation is not Rupert Murdoch," Murdoch wrote in a memo to Dow Jones employees. "It is the collective creativity and effort of many thousands of people around the world, and few individuals have given more to this company than Les Hinton."

"I want you all to know the pride and pleasure I have taken working at Dow Jones for the past three-and-a-half years. I have never been with better, more dedicated people, or had more fun in a job," Hinton wrote in his resignation letter.

U.S. officials with the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation have formally launched investigations into the New York-based News Corp. to determine whether any of its employees targeted U.S. citizens or officials in their schemes.

British officials were already investigating the firm. Australia, where Murdoch is a citizen, said it too is considering launching an investigation.

So far, nine arrests have been made by British police.

Updated from a prior version and corrected to reflect the number of arrests.

Source: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/15/r ... to-resign/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NewsCorp OWNS FoxNews.

Is Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly sweating it?

Glenn Beck leaves at the right time ..
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Murdoch witch hunt

The end of the road for media mafioso?

Interesting development

Rupert Murdoch has been a lucky guy.

Start off with a rich dad which never hurts.

Add "The Simpsons," the accidental hit that made him billions and saved the Fox Network from crashing and burning in its early years.

Fox, of course, equals the vile Fox News which has turned broadcast news in the US into a sewer.

Well, it look like Murdoch's long run of luck is over. Maximum arrogance has a way of catching up with people, even if it takes decades.

Interestingly enough, back in the 1930s, there was a similar scandal and movement against Hearst whose newspaper empire ran very much the same way that Murdoch ran Fox News: sensationalism, inaccurate reporting, extraordinary bias.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/spin ... -hunt.html

Why would any one be surprised there all part of the NWO scheme just depends which car they are driving us to it...they all need to go because they are all out to control us from both sides of the spectrum ...nothing to do with politics my eye!!!!!

This is part of them trying to get rid of Fox News....the race is on.

Kathyet

Banned
    I bet before all this over they will find coruption in his empire in U.S.Austalia is launching investigations there too.Its not a witch hunt but a hunt who is breaking the law of hacking into peoples private lives.

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I bet before all this over they will find coruption in his empire in U.S.Austalia is launching investigations there too.Its not a witch hunt but a hunt who is breaking the law of hacking into peoples private lives.

It isn't just him that is corrupt, it is all of the media groups, he is just the first one, point one for that side, like I said let the games begin hopefully all the snakes with bite each other into oblivion....

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Murdoch witch hunt

The end of the road for media mafioso?

Interesting development

Rupert Murdoch has been a lucky guy.

Kathyet
    ============================================

Most conservatives have no idea that the FoxNews owner Rupert Murdoch backed Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and even Barack Obama in their runs for the White House.

How does that compute for Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly?

Something much more powerful is at play here, since Murdoch has inroads to some of the most powerful men on the planet with the ease of a phone call on his cell phone.

As for FBI investigations on him and his empire, the FBI has known all along that Murdock is a game player.

FWIW, Rupert Murdoch was largely responsible via FoxNews for convincing the American People to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, even though all of Bush's generals begged Bush NOT TO DO IT.

In other words, there was NO WMD, but FoxNews told the country constantly there WAS.

Go figure ..

Fox News Owner Rupert Murdoch: "Obama has become a rock star. It's fantastic! He'll probably win."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsA18CPYurU

Hell Has Frozen Over - Rupert Murdoch Supports Obama
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhOm2fh5qXY

Banned

It isn't just him that is corrupt, it is all of the media groups, he is just the first one, point one for that side, like I said let the games begin hopefully all the snakes with bite each other into oblivion....

Kathyet
    He owns most all the media groups around the world.

Kathyet
    He owns most all the media groups around the world.

But a few others own the liberal side of the media groups...there is about 3 or 4 families that own them all...

Kathyet