Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Muslim clerk refuses to sell/touch unclean bible book in UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

Muslim M&S worker refused to sell 'unclean' Bible book to grandmother, customer claims
    Last updated at 16:02pm on 15th January 2008

Comments Comments

This children's book was branded 'unclean' by a store assistant
    A Muslim store worker at Marks & Spencer refused to serve a customer buying a children's book on biblical stories because she said it was "unclean".

Sally Friday, a customer at a branch of one of the famous stores, felt publicly humiliated when she tried to pay for First Bible Stories as a gift for her young grandson.

When the grandmother put the book on the counter, the assistant refused to touch it, declared it was unclean and then summoned another member of staff to deal with the purchase.

Mrs Friday was so upset that she has now complained to the store's manager.

Politicians and religious leaders supported her in condemning the high street chain and it has reignited the debate over religious beliefs in the workplace.

Conservative MP Philip Davies said the refusal to serve Mrs Friday, 69, was "unacceptable" and "damaging" to community relations.

Inayat Bunglawala, assistant secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, described the assistant's comments as "offensive" and called for Marks & Spencer to conduct an investigation.

He said: "This appears to be a very regrettable incident and the 'unclean' remark was clearly very offensive and unacceptable.

"Many Biblical stories complement the teachings of the Koran. We hope that M&S will investigate this incident."

Scroll down for more...

The incident has reignited debate over religious beliefs in the workplace

A spokesman for Marks & Spencer today said that an investigation into the alleged incident was under way.

She added: "We are surprised by this alleged incident and are investigating it thoroughly.

"It appears that there has been some misunderstanding over what was said.

"We have apologised to Mrs Friday over any distress caused."

A source close to the shop assistant claimed there had been a misunderstanding.

She said: "I think there was some confusion over what the customer heard."

Mrs Friday said that the incident had ruined her trip to the sales in Reading, Berks, with her daughter.

She said: "I went to the till and heard the girl say it was unclean and then she got someone else to serve me.

"At first I wasn't sure what was going on and then I realised she was wearing a headdress and I clicked that the title of the book had Bible in it.

"I felt very humiliated and immediately left the store."

Mrs Friday, who lives in Old Basing, Hants, went on: I have given it careful thought and still feel humiliated that because I am purchasing a children's Bible story book, a cashier is able to object and refuse to put it through the till.

"Had this been a copy of the Koran I am confident any Christian person would be happy to do her job, and for this to happen in a Marks & Spencer of all places beggars belief.

"I am not racist but I have vowed never to let a person wearing a head-dress serve me again.

"It will be a long, long time before I shop again at M&S."

---------------------------

Incidents like this will be coming to the US -- you can count on it.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Incidents like this will be coming to the US -- you can count on it.
    They already are. Cashiers that refuse to scan items with pork in it. Cabbies who refuse seeing eye-dogs in their cabs or alcohol even if it's in a bag from a store.........I don't get this one sided "discrimination". If I would have ever said anything like that to a customer when I was a cashier......I would have been fired on the spot. All I know if these things are all so offensive......then they picked the wrong countries to come to.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sally Friday should sue for discrimination, racism, infringement of religious rights, insulting her God, public humiliation and other charges.

No government can help the destinies of people who insist in putting sectional and class consciousness ahead of general weal.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Muslims have no business living in the "real world." If they can't keep their religious beliefs outside of their work environment, then they need to go back to their 3rd world country.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

When I worked in a grocery store, a Native American applied for a job. He had long hair, which is a tradition, and he was told that if he did not want to cut his hair, he was applying for the wrong job as he would be required to cut his hair. Why can't we do the same. IF they don't want to check out some merchandise don't hire them.

People who come to nations that do not follow the practices of their own home nations and who hold firmly to those practices, such as the Mercy killings taking place in Britain and the United States (recently suspected) and Sharia Law, these individuals need to return to those areas and countries where these beliefs are accepted.

It seems that America is losing her identity trying to please every other country and its countrymen. People want to come here and then they want to change America.

Matthew 18:20
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Just tell me what Muslims are contributing to our society. This nation was founded upon Judeo-Christian principles and these people are the anti-Christ! It feels like our gov. is pitting us against the enemy by allowing them to practice their anti-Christian, radical religion. They hate Christians and Jews alike, and have made it clear that they want to impose Sharia law upon the world!

It's crazy!!!!

Thi is just the beginning . Soon there will be no pork allowed in grocery stores because it will offend them .

This nation has been given to them . No other explanation for it . First get rid of all things Judeo-Christian ,outlaw any Bible verses that offend liberals . Then set up ilsamic mosques,schools , camps and practices in all our schools, universities, public airports, cab stands and other transportation hubs.

I bet they are wondering why they didn't pull a 911 sooner , since it rewarded them the whole country .

Then we have the fools like Rosie, Penn , Sarandom , other liberal actors , Alex Jones and Paul blaming it on our policies .

I agree some kind of conspiracy is going on , but don't think it's just some of our leaders involved and the muslims are just falsely accused peaceful bystanders .

WHEN YOU GO TO LOOK FOR A JOB....YOU HAVE TO TAKE A JOB THAT SUITS YOU. NO ONE SHOULD EXPECT A JOB TO CHANGE TO SUIT YOUR OWN BELIEFS.

NEXT MUSLIMS WILL GO TO WORK AT A CATHOLIC CHURCH.....AND EXPECT THE CHURCH TO CHANGE TO ISLAM. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO DO THE JOB DONT TAKE THE JOB. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN SLAUGHTERING ANIMALS, WOULD YOU TAKE A JOB IN A SLAUGHTERHOUSE?

SOME PHARMACISTS ARE DOING THIS TOO. REFUSING TO FILL SOME RX FOR PATIENTS. IF SOMEONE DOES NOT WANT TO FILL EACH AND EVERY RX, THEN THEY DO NOT BELONG BEHIND THE PHARMACY WINDOW.

AND ANYONE APPLYING FOR A CASHIERS JOB SHOULD LOOK AROUND IN THE STORE AND MAKE SURE THE MERCHANDISE IS AGREEABLE TO THEM. THEY, AS AN EMPLOYEE, HAVE NO RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SELL MERCHANDISE TO A CUSTOMER. THEIR JOB IS TO PROCESS SALES FOR THE STORE. AS LONG AS THE ITEMS ARE LEGAL, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO REFUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    WHEN YOU GO TO LOOK FOR A JOB....YOU HAVE TO TAKE A JOB THAT SUITS YOU. NO ONE SHOULD EXPECT A JOB TO CHANGE TO SUIT YOUR OWN BELIEFS.

NEXT MUSLIMS WILL GO TO WORK AT A CATHOLIC CHURCH.....AND EXPECT THE CHURCH TO CHANGE TO ISLAM. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO DO THE JOB DONT TAKE THE JOB. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN SLAUGHTERING ANIMALS, WOULD YOU TAKE A JOB IN A SLAUGHTERHOUSE?

SOME PHARMACISTS ARE DOING THIS TOO. REFUSING TO FILL SOME RX FOR PATIENTS. IF SOMEONE DOES NOT WANT TO FILL EACH AND EVERY RX, THEN THEY DO NOT BELONG BEHIND THE PHARMACY WINDOW.

AND ANYONE APPLYING FOR A CASHIERS JOB SHOULD LOOK AROUND IN THE STORE AND MAKE SURE THE MERCHANDISE IS AGREEABLE TO THEM. THEY, AS AN EMPLOYEE, HAVE NO RIGHT TO REFUSE TO SELL MERCHANDISE TO A CUSTOMER. THEIR JOB IS TO PROCESS SALES FOR THE STORE. AS LONG AS THE ITEMS ARE LEGAL, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO REFUSE.
    You are soooo right, redpony.

Religious fanaticism -- ANY RELIGION -- breeds STUPIDITY.

My 2 cents from empirical observation.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.