Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

N.J. Confirms 4 More MRSA Cases

N.J. Confirms 4 More MRSA Cases

POSTED: 9:06 am EDT October 27, 2007
    UPDATED: 3:14 pm EDT October 28, 2007

NEW YORK -- There are four more cases of the potentially deadly staph infection MRSA confirmed in New Jersey, officials said.

On Friday, Passaic County officials confirmed that a junior at Clifton High School and a student at Paterson's School 16 had contracted MRSA.

The Paterson student's father and a teacher at the Passaic County Technical Institute also contracted MRSA, officials said.

MRSA Symptoms, Treatment

All four received treatment, news reports said.

Sen. Charles Schumer Sunday called for a nationwide reporting system for the antibiotic-resistant strain of staph infection.

The developments come a day after officials said a security guard at Roberto Clemente School in Newark was infected with MRSA.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker says the entire school has now been sanitized and the security guard is getting medical care.

Last week, MRSA was being blamed for the death of a 14-year-old Brooklyn middle-school student. Outbreaks at other schools nationwide have forced some to close while they are disinfected.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, or MRSA, has gained more public attention since a recent government report that found more than 90,000 Americans get potentially deadly staph infections each year.

Healthy people can carry the bacteria, which lives on their skin or in their noses. Most drug-resistant staph cases involve mild skin infections, but severe infections can enter the bloodstream or destroy flesh and become deadly.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14437727/detai ... =mainclick

Yes,

This is very scary. My son's high school had a case diagnosed last week.

They are disinfecting the entire school this weekend.

I gave my son some hand sanitizer to take to school and a can of lysol to spray in his lockers.

I think schools all over the nation should sanitize their schools top to bottom once a month in addition to basic cleaning every day.

If people take precautions they wouldn't see so many cases. CLEAN THE SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Yes,

This is very scary. My son's high school had a case diagnosed last week.

They are disinfecting the entire school this weekend.

I gave my son some hand sanitizer to take to school and a can of lysol to spray in his lockers.

I think schools all over the nation should sanitize their schools top to bottom once a month in addition to basic cleaning every day.

If people take precautions they wouldn't see so many cases. CLEAN THE SCHOOLS AND HOSPITALS!
    I wish the best for your son and his school.

THEY SHOULD BE DISINFECTING SCHOOLS ON A REGULAR BASIS ANYWAY. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL THEY USE TO WIPE THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN DAILY....ALL THE DESKS AND FLOORS. THE JANITOR WOULD WORK ALL DAY IN THE CAFETERIA AND OUTSIDE AREAS...TABLES AND SUCH. AND THEN WHEN CLASS LET OUT THEY WERE STILL THERE AND STARTED WITH THE DESKS AND LOCKER ROOMS. ON FRIDAY THE WHOLE PLACE GOT BLEACHED DOWN. YOU COULD SMELL THE BLEACH WHEN YOU WERE LEAVING THE GROUNDS. THESE INFECTIONS SHOULD NOT BE OCCURRING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)