Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NAFTA Super Super Highway from Mexico through Duluth an urb

I found this posted on NUMBERSUSA in the ACTION Buffet. Are they serious?

NAFTA Super Super Highway from Mexico through Duluth an urban myth
    91.3 KUWS (WI) : June 21 , 2006 -- by Danielle Kaeding

An article on plans for a four-football field wide Super Highway from Mexico to Canada. Danielle Kaeding has the story on the internet rumor.

Minnesota Department of Transportation's John Bray says he's heard all about the internet article boasting the Bush Administration's plans to build a Super Highway from Mexico to Canada.

"Whoever wrote it, I think I would recommend that they take a couple aspirins, lay down, take a snooze, and get up and write something that has some credibility to it. This thing has no credibility at least as far as our agency is concerned."

A non-profit organization called North America SuperCorridor Coalition, Inc. or NASCO is mentioned in the article. The group is supposedly working with the Administration on plans for the Super Highway. But NASCO Director Tiffany Melvin says there must be some sort of misunderstanding.

"We're not working with the administration to create a new highway or anything like that. We're an advocacy group [that] tries to bring attention to the need for improvements and maintenance to the existing infrastructure and to increase security at our nation's borders and improve safety measures along the corridor."

Bray says there's no money to go toward a construction project of this magnitude.

"The agency right now is in a funding crisis for gosh sake. I mean, we're doing the best we can just to hold the highways together in Minnesota. Wisconsin's in the same boat."

So, no worries folks...nothing running through your backyards just yet.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Well, it's no urban myth in Colorado:

http://www.transportcolorado.com/
    http://www.superslab.org/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nor in Texas and Michigan. Talk about needing to wake up.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Bray says there's no money to go toward a construction project of this magnitude.
    I see she convieniently forgot all about Cintra, et. al.

(Sad to see that they are so far behind the 8 ball)

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    I see she convieniently forgot all about Cintra, et. al.

(Sad to see that they are so far behind the 8 ball)
    Nor in Oklahoma!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Of course there's not. That's why they are allowing private foreign companies to bid to build sections of the superhighways, then they turn them into toll roads, and bilk the American public by making them pay hefty tolls to these companies. SNEAKY!!!!!!!