Dorgan's Distinction . . . NAFTA: Treaty vs. Law
Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.

The NAU will be a carbon copy of the European Union (EU) which will end our Constitutional Republic, Bill of Rights, legal system and MOST IMPORTANTLY our freedoms.

Working in secret, EVERY Department of our Executive Branch has been tasked by the President to 'HARMONIZE' ALL of our bureaucratic-admininstrative-regulatory laws, with Mexico and Canada, for the corporate and financial benefit OF the wealthy, BY the wealthy, FOR the wealthy. Their goal, a totalitarian police state ready for folding into a One World Order

Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
October 1, 2007

What follows is about the Senate vote on the stopping the Mexican truck invasion under NAFTA . . . Bush has said he will veto it. Ergo, MANY voted 'yea' on 9/11/07 to CYA and make brownie points. The REAL proof in the pudding will be HOW or IF they vote to overturn the veto. I'm predicting that they WON'T overturn the veto. That way they are 'ollie, ollie home free' and smelling like a rose. The trucks will roll and they can prove they voted against them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From my perspective the MOST SIGNIFICANT statements to come out of the Corsi article were THESE:

"Repeatedly, in arguing from the floor of the Senate for his amendment, Cornyn [R-TX] mischaracterized NAFTA as having created a "treaty obligation" requiring the United States to allow Mexican trucks free access to U.S. roads."(1)

"Dorgan [D-ND] objected, pointing out that NAFTA was passed in 1993 as a law, not a treaty."(1)

Why is that distinction important? For two very good reasons:

One is that the dictionary definition of a treaty is: a) "a formal agreement between two or more nations, relating to peace, alliance, trade, etc., b) the document embodying such an agreement" (i.e., NAFTA).

Secondly, Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of our Constitution states: "He [the President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators present concur;" of course the President NEVER GOT THAT PERMISSION.

The second set of significant statements were these, also made by Dorgan (my hero) in a news release:

"Tonight, commerce – for a change – did not trump safety. . . . It also represents a turning of the tide on the senseless, headlong rush this country has been engaged in for some time, to dismantle safety standards and a quality of life it took generations to achieve."(1)

I KNOW that they have only just begun that dismantling because that is what the SPP (Security Prosperity Partnership) is all about. Thay are 'harmonizing' our regulatory law into oblivian to accommodate the Corporate Oligarchy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Vicky Davis: Very good information, thanks, as you cleared up some questions I had about treaties. I understood that the Supreme Court ruled that treaties supercede the Constitution also! So what is the bottom line here? Is NAFTA law or treaty? If it is law, Marbury vs Madison would make it null and void because it is repugnant to the constitution.

"Certainly all those who have framed written constitutions contemplate them as forming the fundamental and paramount law of the nation, and consequently the theory of every such government must be, that an act of the legislature, repugnant to the constitution, is void." http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/project ... rbury.HTML and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbury_v._Madison

NAFTA IS a treaty, but because it would never get the 2/3rds majority in the Senate they pushed it through as a LAW. Just like they were going to let 100 trucking firms bring their trucks in here as a DEMONSTRATION project instead of the 'PILOT' as was spelled out clearly in NAFTA because they are NOT abiding by the PILOT standards. These are MANIPULATIONS to get what they want.

They have now been 'called' on it by Dorgan, which is why it is so VERY significant. He has opened the door for Congress to repeal it. They couldn't do that if it was actually a treaty. The Shadow Government is forcing us into the STATUS of a treaty and the WTO legal system which can overrule our Supreme Court, when it is NOT a treaty but is being treated as such. The American Congress had better wake up and do something soon.

Reference

Jerome R. Corsi, Senate votes to kill Mexican truck demo: Bush 'Open Borders' agenda dealt serious bipartisan blow, September 11, 2007, WorldNetDaily, http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/print ... E_ID=57597.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articl ... leID=39020