A small, but important victory....

The phrase "In God We Trust" is officially returning to the face of the dollar coin.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Defa ... ?id=282088

The U.S. Mint has revealed the new design of four presidential $1 coins that will be in circulation next year. The words "In God We Trust" will be returned to the face of the coins instead of being inscribed on the edge of the currency.

While he was serving in the House, Senator Roger Wicker (R-Mississippi) successfully sponsored an amendment that reversed the previous policy of displaying the national motto on the rim of the coins. "To me that just represented an example of further erosion of our religious heritage in this country," he shares, "a further diminishment of the acknowledgement of God in public discourse -- and I didn't like it. And frankly, my constituents did not like it."

Wicker says getting the Mint to change course was a "great accomplishment."

"This national motto reflects our country's strong religious heritage, and it has been prominently displayed on U.S. currency since 1864," says the Republican lawmaker. "I just think it was wrong to take it off, and I think the American people agreed with that overwhelmingly."

Four different presidents will be honored on the coins annually through the year 2016, with a new coin introduced approximately every three months. The 2009 coins will honor Presidents William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James Polk, and Zachary Taylor. Those will be the first in the series with "In God We Trust" appearing on the obverse side.