Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Nature (PBS) - Shirley the Elephant - Touching Elephant Reunion

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Nature (PBS) - Shirley the Elephant - Touching Elephant Reunion

Nature (PBS) - Shirley the Elephant (Part 1)

Uploaded by TheNurseJulie on Nov 21, 2007

In 2000, "The Urban Elephant" brought viewers the touching story of Shirley and Jenny, two crippled elephants reunited at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee after a 22-year separation. The bonding was immediate, intense and unforgettable between the two former circus elephants. But long after the cameras were turned off, the wondrous moments would continue.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-24-2012 at 02:33 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nature (PBS) - Shirley the Elephant (Part 2)

Uploaded by TheNurseJulie on Nov 21, 2007

In 2000, "The Urban Elephant" brought viewers the touching story of Shirley and Jenny, two crippled elephants reunited at The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee after a 22-year separation. The bonding was immediate, intense and unforgettable between the two former circus elephants. But long after the cameras were turned off, the wondrous moments would continue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shirley & Tarra: Spring Fever

Uploaded by elephantsanctuarytn on May 27, 2011

Shirley and Tarra's relationship continues to flourish. Twice recently when Scott went to check on them way back in their favorite pastures near the lake, they got spontaneously playful and vocal. (You'll see that even Bella decided to take a few steps back, as she often does when they get in these moods!) We are not sure what inspired these happy episodes between these two—perhaps it's just the beauty of spring and the freedom of green meadows in the company of friends—but it's wonderful to see them continue to enjoy life to the fullest. For more information about the Sanctuary, visit our website The Elephant Sanctuary : Hohenwald Tennessee

These photos of a baby elephant's muddy rescue will make your day

3 hrs ago

Animal rescues are uplifting in any circumstance, but when it's a race against the clock and the endangered beast is a baby elephant, well, that pretty well leaps off the heartwarming scale. This calf wandered into a mudhole near the Zambezi River in Africa and had been stuck for more than 12 hours when discovered by tourists.

Struggling mightily to free its trunk, the baby was close to drowning when Bradley and Annelize White who operate a nearby lodge responded, launching rescue efforts with ropes, human volunteers, a car and more than 50 gallons of water to soften the hardening mud.

"We are keeping an eye on him," said Bradley White, "to make sure he doesn't get into any more sticky situations."

Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.

Read more:

Watching this baby elephant rescue will make your day better This baby elephant is a natural in front of the camera Elephant can speak enough Korean to get by

Baby elephant rescued from mudhole

What These 11 Animals Did Made Me Cry A Bucket Of Tears. The Most Touching Thing I’ve Ever Seen.

November 12, 2013 Entertainment

If you’ve ever doubted that animals have souls and are capable of caring on a deep level, this is going to change your mind. Here are 11 examples of animals being the beautiful creatures that we know they are – you might not need tissues, but it wouldn’t hurt to grab one first.
    1. Yang Yun was free diving when she discovered, at the bottom of an arctic pool, that her legs cramped up and she couldn’t move.

telegraph.co.uk

She said, “I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me – I was dead. Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface.” A Beluga whale saw what was happening and lifted her to safety.

telegraph.co.uk

2. This is Oscar, a cat that lived in a nursing home. He could sense when someone was going to die, and he would sit quietly on their bed during their final moments.

One surviving family member of a resident that passed with Oscar by his side said, “Oscar’s presence gave a sense of completion and contentment. Oscar brought a special serenity to the room. What’s more peaceful than a purring cat? What sound more beautiful to fill one’s ears when leaving this life?”

smh.com.au

reuters

3. When Cindy the chimp died of heart failure, all of the other chimps at this rescue in Cameroon hugged each other and watched in solidarity. A truly beautiful, amazing moment.

dailymail.co.uk

4. The amazing story of Christian the lion is one you will never forget.

5. These abused circus elephants were reunited 25 years later at an elephant sanctuary. Their story is moving.

6. Cows have best friends. They literally get depressed and their stress levels rise when they are not with their BFF.

peta.org

7. It would be a travesty to leave out the gorilla that remembered his friend.

8. Five children were playing with this Jack Russell Terrier when some stray pit bulls attacked them. “George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them,” said one of the children about the attack. George was bitten several times and died of his wounds. But he was given an award for his actions.

9. Koko the Gorilla watches her favorite movie and the result is a tear jerker.

10. This Staffordshire bull terrier saved his mommy and daddy. Patricia Adshead was in her house, making tea, when masked men wielding machetes entered. They sliced Patricia’s husband through his hand and went for her. That’s when Oi, the family dog, attacked the attackers. He was sadly hit with the machete, but still managed to chase them out of the house. He later died.

newsshopper.co.uk

11. Irene Pepperberg had a beautiful relationship with her parrot, Alex. When he died in 2007, his last words to her were: “You be good – I love you.”

npr.org

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to clean my face up.
    Share these stories with others. Touch some hearts.

Read more at http://www.viralnova.com/heartwarmin...OEhbdg98U83.99
    http://www.viralnova.com/heartwarming-animal-stories-2/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 05-15-2014 at 11:49 PM.

~Grooving!~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt3BsuIqq4M

Published on May 2, 2014

WATCH: A man plays music for rescued Elephants - what they do NEXT will AMAZE you! Paul & Woods

Peter the elephant and his sidekick are now being cared for by one person for the rest of their lives...

Mirrored from somewhere on Bookface

Category

Autos & Vehicles

License

Standard YouTube License

Never Underestimate A Mother's Love. This Mama Elephant Saved Her Baby!

When a herd of elephants tried to cross the Ewaso Nyiro river in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya, the river proved too much for one little baby! Try as he might, he couldn’t seem to navigate the fast flowing water, and kept getting pulled downstream. While his mom did her best to keep him from being swept away, she wasn’t able to do it all on her own. Thankfully, a few more elephants came to her aid!
    Watching this video makes me believe that elephants really are smart, emotional creatures! They worked together to save one little baby, and wouldn’t stop until he was safe! Please SHARE this amazing rescue!

http://blog.petflow.com/this-baby-wa...ivfZFTXY4w2.01