Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NBC's Brian Williams: U.S. is broken

Don't agree with everything he says but I'm part of his generation and have told my own children that I'm sorry my generation has created such a mess.
    ~~

NBC's Brian Williams: U.S. is broken
    Nightly News anchor tells grads: 'We need you to fix the country'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: June 10, 2008
    7:28 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

NBC anchor Brian Williams gives commencement speech

NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams pleaded with graduates from Ohio State University in Columbus to repair America during a commencement speech Sunday.

"I come here today with a request for the Class of '08: We need you to fix the country – and I'm sorry to ask this of you," Williams said, suggesting that the U.S. is broken. "And I'm deadly serious and we really do. I am 49 and on behalf of my generation, I'm so sorry …"

The news anchor, who was awarded an honorary Doctor of Journalism degree from the university, said the Internet has distracted Americans from tending to their country.

"With apologies, we need you all to step up," he said. "And every adult in this place has every faith that you are up to the job. … You are the most fearsome weapon in the world. You are students in the United States, armed with a newly minted college degree from the Ohio State University."

Williams urged graduates to choose from areas such as energy, politics, diplomacy, science, education, military, transportation and make changes in society.

"Start with climate," he said. "Something tells me this may be a challenge in the years ahead. Tomorrow's predicted high for Columbus is 220 degrees."

The newscaster went on to request that graduates solve problems with American energy policy.

"Can you please help us find a way to get around without fuel in our tanks that comes from an enemy of this country?" he asked.

Williams also suggested that the student put their support behind a candidate, saying the 2008 election would prove to be a pivotal moment that could change the U.S.

"[G]et out there and campaign for someone," he said. "We won't see an election like this for decades again in this country. We are at a crossroads. They don't get more important, and it is so important that you all get involved. Put your generational stamp on American politics. … We all have to start thinking and acting as one."

The NBC anchor said there are 117 million blogs in the United States, and graduates should learn to think of the country as a whole instead of focusing on themselves.

"What do most of us bloggers talk about? Us," he said. "The problem is, we need to start thinking about us. All of us. We need to start thinking of 'us' as the collective – the United States that we used to know. It's going to require a lot of work."

www.worldnetdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What do most of us bloggers talk about? Us," he said. "The problem is, we need to start thinking about us. All of us. We need to start thinking of 'us' as the collective – the United States that we used to know. It's going to require a lot of work."
    Except that collectivism is what got us into a lot of our messes. We're far better off as individuals.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

If he failed to mention the underminding of the CFR and Tri-Lateral Commission . Then he's failed again. When you government is twisted ,local state and federal to reflect an agenda of a few you have major problems . Sedition , Traitor are just two words that come to mind. Government by business for business , corrupt ot it's very soul . I think Brain Williams did his job as a smooth operator with no ral truth . After all he is Faux news
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*